Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoClassDefFoundError SpringSecurityCoreVersion

Hi,

I am trying spring-security for spnego/kerberos and am having error as below. I am pasting my pom.xml dependencies, mvn dependency:tree and error. Please see if you can help me figure out the issue.

pom.xml snippet:

<properties>
    <jsf-mojarra.version>2.2.0-m05</jsf-mojarra.version>
    <tomcat.manager.url>http://pinkydebian:8080/manager/html</tomcat.manager.url>
    <maven.tomcat.exec.war.serverXml>server.xml</maven.tomcat.exec.war.serverXml>
    </properties>

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>junit</groupId>
    <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
    <version>3.8.1</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>org.springframework.security.extensions </groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-security-kerberos-core</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0.M1</version>
    </dependency>

<!-- jsf dependencies -->
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
    <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
    <version>${jsf-mojarra.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
    <artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>
    <version>${jsf-mojarra.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
    <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
    <version>1.2</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
    <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
    <version>2.5</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
    <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
    <version>2.1</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.el</groupId>
    <artifactId>el-ri</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.springframework.security</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-security-config</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.2.RELEASE</version>
    </dependency>
    </dependencies>

[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.1:tree (default-cli) @ jsf-sso ---
    [INFO] com.primesystems.sso:jsf-sso:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
    [INFO] +- junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test
    [INFO] +- org.springframework.security.extensions:spring-security-kerberos-core:jar:1.0.0.M1:compile
    [INFO] | +- org.springframework.security:spring-security-core:jar:3.0.0.M2:compile
    [INFO] | | +- org.springframework:spring-expression:jar:3.0.0.M4:compile
    [INFO] | | +- org.springframework:spring-tx:jar:3.0.0.M4:compile
    [INFO] | | +- org.aspectj:aspectjrt:jar:1.6.4:compile
    [INFO] | | +- org.aspectj:aspectjweaver:jar:1.6.4:compile
    [INFO] | | +- commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1.1:compile
    [INFO] | | +- commons-codec:commons-codec:jar:1.3:compile
    [INFO] | | \- commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile
    [INFO] | \- org.springframework.security:spring-security-web:jar:3.0.0.M2:compile
    [INFO] | \- org.springframework:spring-web:jar:3.0.0.M4:compile
    [INFO] +- com.sun.faces:jsf-api:jar:2.2.0-m05:compile
    [INFO] +- com.sun.faces:jsf-impl:jar:2.2.0-m05:compile
    [INFO] +- javax.servlet:jstl:jar:1.2:compile
    [INFO] +- javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5:compile
    [INFO] +- javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar:2.1:compile
    [INFO] +- com.sun.el:el-ri:jar:1.0:compile
    [INFO] \- org.springframework.security:spring-security-config:jar:3.1.2.RELEASE:compile
    [INFO] +- org.springframework:spring-core:jar:3.0.7.RELEASE:compile
    [INFO] | \- org.springframework:spring-asm:jar:3.0.7.RELEASE:compile
    [INFO] +- org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:3.0.7.RELEASE:compile
    [INFO] +- org.springframework:spring-context:jar:3.0.7.RELEASE:compile
    [INFO] +- aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0:compile
    [INFO] \- org.springframework:spring-beans:jar:3.0.7.RELEASE:compile

The catalina log error:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.security.config.SecurityNamesp aceHandler]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/security/core/SpringSecurityCoreVersion
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:143)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:106)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultNames paceHandlerResolver.resolve(DefaultNamespaceHandle rResolver.java:129)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefiniti onParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinition ParserDelegate.java:1322)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefiniti onParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinition ParserDelegate.java:1317)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanD efinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(Defau ltBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanD efinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(De faultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinit ionReader.java:475)

Regards,

Miten.

Make sure all your jars that start with spring-security- are the same version. You can use dependency management or explicit dependency statements in your pom to control this. For more info you can refer to the Spring Security Fundamentals http://www.springsource.org/node/3670

Comment

Repository does not have matching versions

Originally posted by Rob Winch View Post
      Make sure all your jars that start with spring-security- are the same version. You can use dependency management or explicit dependency statements in your pom to control this. For more info you can refer to the Spring Security Fundamentals http://www.springsource.org/node/3670
      Hi,

Thanks for video link but its audio is too low. I was unable to make use of that video.

The versions on http://maven.springframework.org repository for artifacts spring-security-config are 3.x.x.x while spring-security-kerberos-core are 1.x.x.x. how do I select same versions as per your suggestion ?

If the answer lines in video link then as I was unable to follow it I might be missing the solution.
      If you can be specific based on my dependencies listed what versions I need to use it would be helpful.

Regards,

Miten.

Comment

Originally posted by imitenmehta View Post
        Thanks for video link but its audio is too low. I was unable to make use of that video.
        The sound levels are fine for me. Perhaps it is an issue on your side.

spring-security-kerberos-core are 1.x.x.x. how do I select same versions as per your suggestion
        I probably should rephrase my suggestion. Anything with the group org.springframework.security should have the same version (i.e. anything part of Spring Security). Kerberos support is an extension and can be its own version.

If you can be specific based on my dependencies listed what versions I need to use it would be helpful.
        It is best to teach one to fish rather than feed them.

Comment

resolved

Originally posted by Rob Winch View Post
          The sound levels are fine for me. Perhaps it is an issue on your side.

I probably should rephrase my suggestion. Anything with the group org.springframework.security should have the same version (i.e. anything part of Spring Security). Kerberos support is an extension and can be its own version.

It is best to teach one to fish rather than feed them.
          As per your suggestion I am now using 3.0.7 for all org.springframework.security artifacts while for kerberos extension am using M2 and it now does not give those class not found kind of errors.

I am posting another question regarding my understanding of spnego/kerberos on what user/pass I need to use.

Regards,

Miten.

Comment

Working...
          X