X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an example for registration login with email verify

I am new to Spring and Acegi. I would like to set-up a standard type of authentication process where the user would register on line and then be sent an email link asking them to click on the link to confirm their registration.

After that point they could simply login. Is there an example similar to this or has someone already done this and care to share? If not would someone be interested in collaborating with me and sharing it with the group.

TIA,

Tom K.

Not as far as I know. It's out of scope for Acegi Security, as you're getting into application services as distinct from platform security. Just write a Spring MVC Controller and services layer that sends the email, receives the email ping code, and creates a user in your authentication repository (ie JDBC data source). Once in the authentication repository, you can use a suitable AuthenticationDao along with DaoAuthenticationProvider and you're away.

Comment

I agree but...

I agree that it is out of scope of the project. However I think that having such an acegi example would be "great" because it would show developers a practical use of acegi that I'm sure is invented over and over again for many portals and websites that need authentication and autorization.
      I would be willing to code and post it back to the list if I could get some help from the list. I am learning Spring and the whole concept of MVC, but it might give me some incentive to learn more. Any interest?

TIA

Tom K.

Comment

Maybe you could add it to one of the sample apps out there. One that springs to mind is Karel Miarka's http://sourceforge.net/projects/hispacta.

Comment

Yes, thank you. It looks like a good ground floor project

Just what I needed.

Thanks.

Tom Kochanowicz

Comment

Working...
          X