Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad authentication problem

Hi,

I am a newbie at Spring and even more at Spring security. I have an application where i have Spring security working and defined user names and password in plain text in the security-application-context.xml file
    that i am attaching to the post.
    My aplication shows an initial page where to put some data in a few text boxes, and if you are not authenticated it redirects you to the default Spring security login page.
    If i put my user name (for example martin), defined in the file, and then a bad password the first time i try to login, it happens that my next tries with that username also give bad authentication, even if i am completely sure that i am using the correct password!!

DEBUG: org.springframework.security.authentication.dao.Da oAuthenticationProvider - Authentication failed: password does not match stored value

If i try to login correctly with another user defined in the xml it works, but user martin continues to fail
    If i restart the server and try to login with martin correctly the first time, it works.

It's weird, but i everything is like magic to my as i am starting with Spring and Spring security.

I am also attaching the debug information from the TOMCAT server, separating it in the different parts of what i have just tried to express.

I am using Spring version 3.0.6 in Tomcat 6.0.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Kind regards,
    Martin.
    Last edited by martinwo; May 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: versions missing

Did you fix it? I'm having the same issue

Comment

FYI I changed the version of spring security from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 and it solved my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cyntia View Post
        FYI I changed the version of spring security from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 and it solved my issue.
        Hi Cyntia,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I abandoned the project a while after i sent this question. But it's good news and i will restart and check this in my old project.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X