Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Redirect 403 Response To Friendly Page

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has done this, but is it possible to redirect the 403 thrown by acegi to a customised page? Does anyone have a solution?

Regards

In the web.xml, you can define an error page based on the error-code element. This documentation is from BEA, but it's the same for all servlet containers.

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/web...l.html#1017571

Comment

Thanks Karl,

did do this:
      <error-page>
      <error-code>403</error-code>
      <location>403.jsp</location>
      </error-page>

but it never worked..

Comment

Hmmmm... what page did you get when you tried that?

Comment

Just looked in one of my old projects. You may be missing a forward slash if the 403.jsp is in the root of your webapp.

<error-page>
          <error-code>403</error-code>
          <location>/403.jsp</location>
          </error-page>

Where is the 403.jsp? If you wanted to hit the 403.jsp directly, what URL would you use?

Comment

Hi,

have tried the /403.jsp too - that didn't work either. what actaully gets displayed is an auto-generated forbidden page..

if i hit the 403.jsp directly it does get displayed.

thanks

Comment

Right, but you should be able to hit your custom 403.jsp page directly from your browser. Another words:

http://yoururl:8080/403.jsp

Sounds like you might be restricting access to your own 403.jsp page .

Comment

403 error handler on web.xml works fine as kbaum suggested.
                notice that this SecurityContext will contain null authentication when the
                request is forwarded to view layer, like jsp pages.

I guess it's something to do with HttpSessionIntegrationFilter not filtering
                403 request or something. If you need authentication information on your
                custom error page, I guess you have to populate SecurityContext yourself.
                Check this thread for details.

Comment

Thanks Karl,

it could be the case - will check later..

Thanks..

Comment

I am using Spring MVC and is it possible to map the access denied exception thrown by Acegi in the application context xml file by using the exceptionResolver bean?

<bean id="exceptionResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.Sim pleMappingExceptionResolver">
                    <property name="exceptionMappings">
                    <props>
                    <prop key="<insert name of access denied acegi exception here>">403_accessDenied.jsp</prop>
                    </props>
                    </property>
                    </bean>

If yes, what is the correct syntax for the access denied exception thrown by Acegi?

Comment

Yes, you can catch org.acegisecurity.AccessDeniedException as the MVC controller. The SecurityEnforcementFilter (which usually catches this exception) will never have it propagate up from the DispatcherServlet.

Comment

Any body successfully used exceptionResolver?

I mapped org.acegisecurity.AccessDeniedException in a exceptionResolver, but 403 does not get forwarded to the error page.

Can we use Spring settings or we need to use web.xml to forward to a particular jsp file in case of the 403 error?

Comment

Originally posted by Damendra
                          have tried the /403.jsp too - that didn't work either. what actaully gets displayed is an auto-generated forbidden page..

if i hit the 403.jsp directly it does get displayed.
                          If the problem occours in IE, but not in other browsers - it's IE's pretty-error-print functionality that is the problem. Your error page is to small, it needs to be atleast 10kB (add a long comment to make it larger). Read more about the problem at:
                          http://www.hostedfaqs.com/123hosts/f...rror-pages.php

BTW: This is a reply to the web.xml solution with the errorcode/-page mapping.

- Jørgen Løkke -
                          Last edited by jorlokk; Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:20 AM.

Comment

In 1.0.0 RC2 we refactored error handling into an ExceptionTranslationFilter, so take a look at that and see if it makes it easier for you to handle 403s in a custom manner.

Comment

Working...
                            X