X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenID credentials plus Google Apps Marketplace setup

I'm writing a Google Apps Marketplace app that includes the optional third step, for external configuration. This is the point where user accounts are provisioned on my side. The problem is I need the OpenID credentials of the user performing the install.

I can force the OpenID by redirecting /j_spring_openid_security_check. I've extended OpenIDAuthenticationFilter to specifically catch the UsernameNotFoundException if the request is a Google Apps login attempt. But I loose the request parameters from the original link.

I'm using Spring Security 3.0 and cannot upgrade at this time.

Basically I'm trying to do this: http://code.google.com/googleapps/ma...cle.html#step3
    When a domain administrator clicks on the 'Configure __APPLICATION__' link, the application should authenticate the domain administrator with OpenID to determine his or her name, email address and domain name for use in application's provisioning process.

So there are two solutions that work.

1) Write my own servlet that uses the OpenID4JavaConsumer and specifically check for OpenID credentials in the session. If not present redirect to Google Apps for login. I used the sample Java app as a template. I essentially combined the OpenIDServlet and CalendarServlet.

2) Extend the OpenIDAuthenticationFilter and override buildReturnToUrl() to also include request parameters on the request. I cannot use returnToUrlParameters since they are configured on the filter itself and the ones I'm trying to preserve are dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by mmccaskill View Post
      2) Extend the OpenIDAuthenticationFilter and override buildReturnToUrl() to also include request parameters on the request. I cannot use returnToUrlParameters since they are configured on the filter itself and the ones I'm trying to preserve are dynamic.
      Actually I tried doing this and it doesn't work. Maybe I did something wrong, but I add the "domain" and "callback" parameters from Google to the returnToUrl string, making sure I URL encoded them and the verification stage failed. So I settled on my own servlet.

Comment

Working...
      X