Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions in roles

Hello,
    I want to implement Spring Security in a project but have the following question:

- If I have a role say USER_ROLE with different attributes like EMPLOYEE, VISITOR, CONTRACTOR which need different privileges based on that attribute how do I implement this in Spring Security without creating a new role for each type.

Thanks in advance..

typo

I liked the infoQ video from Mike Wiesner: http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Spring-Security-3

He talked about Roles and Rights, but I don't know if it's a feature that will come or it's discarded.

I used this approach in a project: a User has Roles (USER_ROLE for instance) and each role has rights (EMPLOYEE, VISITOR, CONTRACTOR)

Then you can implement your own UserDetailsService, creating in your loadUserByUsername a UserDetails with GrantedAuthority based on rights instead of roles.

You can do something similar if you meant a user has user.employee, user.visitor or user.contractor attributes: build your own UserDetailsService to create Granted authorities as desired.

Then, you can use EL expressions.

That would solve your "permissions in roles" question. Alternatively, you can create a hierarchy of users (if one user can only be of one type: EMPLOYEE, VISITOR or CONTRACTOR)

With that, you can Obtaining information about the current user and take decisions based on that:

Code:
    public class CustomUserDetailsServiceImpl implements UserDetailsService {

public UserDetails loadUserByUsername(String username) throws UsernameNotFoundException, DataAccessException {
    	public UserDetails loadUserByUsername(String username)
    			throws UsernameNotFoundException {

Object user = null;// TODO
    		Set<GrantedAuthority> dbAuthsSet = new HashSet<GrantedAuthority>();

return new CustomUser(user);
    	}

public class CustomUser implements UserDetails {

Object user;

public CustomUser(Object user) {
    			this.user = user;
    		}

public Collection<? extends GrantedAuthority> getAuthorities() {
    			// TODO convert user.roles to collection of GrantedAuthority
    			return null;
    		}

public String getPassword() {
    			return user.getPassword();
    		}

}
    }

Code:
    Object principal = SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication().getPrincipal();

if (principal instanceof CustomUser) {
      CustomUser user = (CustomUser )principal;
      if (user instanceof Employee) {
        Employee employee = (Employee)user;
      }

Comment

Working...
    X