Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring security samples + STS 2.8.0 + linux/mac

Hi all,

I am trying to run spring security samples on STS 2.8.0 according to this thread:
    http://rwinch.blogspot.com/2011/03/r...-tutorial.html
    (I got support there, however, I think here is the right place for this thread.)

However, compiled project doesn't pass validation on MAC & Linux. detailed error massages:

under "markers" i get 26 xml errors selecting the first one, i get in the status bar:
    Referenced file contains errors (http://www.springframework.org/schem...ontext-3.0.xsd). For more information, right click on the message in the Problems View and select "Show Details..."
    in the details dialog i get:
    The errors below were detected when validating the file "spring-context-3.0.xsd" via the file "contacts-servlet.xml". In most cases these errors can be detected by validating "spring-context-3.0.xsd" directly. However it is possible that errors will only occur when spring-context-3.0.xsd is validated in the context of contacts-servlet.xml.

in the description I get:
    "The element type "xsd:schema: must be terminated by the matcing end-tag "</xsd:schema". [location - line 80]

file://****/git/spring-security/samples/contacts/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/contacts-servlet.xml

I started working on MAC and failed. Then I managed to compile everything on XP on which I can't really work. I move to Linux and failed again. I decided to start from a clean Linux system:
    I prepared a fresh ubuntu 11.10 installation
    removed Open JDK
    Installed SUN SDK6 with JDK7 and glassfish3
    fixed links and JAVA_HOME
    installed STS 2.8.0.RELEASE
    installed groovy eclipse extension
    cloned spring security
    run ./gradlew eclipse
    imported projects from the git
    ... and got the same validation errors
    trying to run as test gives "no test found" error.

I see two challenges the community is facing here:
    1. providing exact details installation instructions with one can setup a working development environment (starting from scratch).
    2. Producing informative error massages with which a developer with 20 years of experience will be able to solve problems by himself. (That is the hard one...)

What happens if you ignore the error and try to start up the sample anyways? Please provide an exact error message.

Comment

Working...
    X