Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
setDecisionVoters and setProviders deprecated in 3.1 RC3...what to do? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setDecisionVoters and setProviders deprecated in 3.1 RC3...what to do?

Hi,

Currently in my spring configuration for Spring Security 3.1 RC3, I have the following:

Code:

<security:global-method-security pre-post-annotations="enabled">
        <security:expression-handler ref="expressionHandler" />
    </security:global-method-security>
    and

Code:
    <security:authentication-manager alias="authenticationManager">
       <security:authentication-provider ref="authenticationService" />
    </security:authentication-manager>
    In STS 2.7.2, I'm getting a flag indicating that setDecisionVoters is deprecated on the global-method-security element and setProviders is deprecated on the authentication-manager element.

So, what do I need to do instead? The 3.1 documention is not informative on what I should do.

Thanks.

-=bootlaces=-

Sounds like STS is being smart and reporting that deprecated methods are used in the bean parsing code. I'm not sure it should be doing that, since it doesn't actually represent a problem with your app or the namespace usage.

Comment

Hi Luke,

Thanks for that, but if the methods are deprecated, shouldn't I use some other way of wiring up the global-security-context for future-proofing sake?

-=bootlaces=-

Comment

You aren't using those methods.. at least not in what you've posted. It just so happens that Spring Security is using them internally.

Comment

Okay, thanks Luke, will just ignore the warning then.

Comment

I've removed the use of the methods so hopefully it shouldn't occur with future builds (see https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SEC-1830).

Comment

Hi Luke,

Comment

Working...
              X