X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MethodSecurityInterceptor does not "intercept"

i've got an java application running on tomcat6.
    i'm using spring 3.0.4 and spring security 3.0.5.

to protect the access of my dao methods i want to use the spring security `MethodSecurityInterceptor`. but this one doesn't actually "intercept" access at all.

It is configured like this:

Code:
    <bean id="securityInterceptor" class="org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInteceptor"> 

<property name="authenticationManager"> 
    			<ref bean="authenticationManager"/> 
    		</property> 

<property name="accessDecisionManager"> 
    			<ref bean="accessDecisionManager"/> 
    		</property> 

<property name="securityMetadataSource">
    			<value> 
    				com.xkst.dao.InvoiceDao.*=ROLE_ADMIN
    				com.xkst.dao.UserDao.*=ROLE_ADMIN
    			</value>
    		</property> 
    	</bean>
    according to the configuration every access of any of the methods of the UserDao should be intercepted an controlled.

the methods to be protected get accessed by a rich client java application. to make the service available for the client i use the spring `HttpInvokerServiceExporter`.

the dao classes are not exported directly. there is a single serviceclass being exported providing a single point of access for the client.

on the client side i've got this `clientContext.xml` file which references the exported service on the server.

in the client code i just load the context and pick the exported bean out of it

Code:
        public class SecurityTest {
    	public static void main(String[] args) {

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext ctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("clientContext.xml");
    		EntityServiceInterface serverService = (EntityServiceInterface) ctx.getBean("entityServiceInterface");

List<UserEntity> users = serverService.performGetAllUsers();
    		for(UserEntity user : users) {
    			System.out.println(user.getUserName());
    		}

}

here i can just invoke any method of the 'serverService' on my client which should be protected by the 'MethodSecurityInterceptor' without authenticating. i can query all data from my 'UserDao'.

i really don't know what the missing link is.

`authenticationManager` and `accessDecisionManager` are configured as well. there is no error message at the startup of the server. it even logs the creation of the "secured methods" like:

Code:
     2011-08-01 10:38:48,675  INFO MethodDefinitionMap:75 - Adding secure method [public java.util.List com.xkst.dao.UserDao.findAll()] with attributes [[ROLE_ADMIN]]
    so what am i doing wrong? can please someone give me a hint? i would really appreciate any help.
    cheers and thanks a lot, chris

Check your configuration for duplicate daos and make sure that your method security is part of the SAME application context as your daos if it isn't security isn't applied.

Comment

hi marten.

thanks for your advice.
      i got one file called applicationContext.xml. both, userdao and methodsecurityinterceptor are defined there.

meanwhile i also configured an AutoProxyCreator like that:

Code:
      <bean id="autoProxyCreator" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanNameAutoProxyCreator"> 
      		<property name="interceptorNames">
      			<list> 
      				<value>securityInterceptor</value>
      			</list> 
      		</property> 
      		<property name="beanNames">
      			<list> 
      				<value>userService</value> 
      			</list> 
      		</property>
      		<property name='proxyTargetClass' value="true"/>
      </bean>
      now the interceptor is really called when the secure method is called - nevertheless it just does no authorization and returns the result of the invoked method.
      i found this config line on a tutorial site:
      Code:
      <property name='proxyTargetClass' value="true"/>
      but i do not really know what it is for. without this line the interceptor is not called.

Comment

Your bean names seem to be different throughout the above posts (userService, userDao, entityServiceInterface), so I'd guess your not configuring AOP correctly somewhere. You might use this test class as a guide.

Comment

hi luke,

thanks for the link to the test class. i am going to use it right now.

according to the names i use:

"userService" is the bean name of the class userDao

Code:
          <bean id="userService" class="com.xkst.dao.UserDao">
              	<property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
          </bean>
          "entityServerService" is the bean to be exported with "HttpInvokerServiceExporter". this bean accesses the userDao. i made this single point of access for my rich client so i dont have to export all my dao classes.

so the "call hierarchy" is:
          CLIENT -> exported EntityServerService -> UserDao

Comment

thanks - your test class is quite handy for fast testing configurations.

i now figured out my problem:

i did not use the "secured" userService-bean out of the applicationContext - i just used the "getInstance" method from my userService since it is implemented as a singleton.

thanks a lot! chris

Comment

Working...
            X