Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Spring Security & Spring MVC.

Hi All,
    I am using Spring MVC and Spring Security to implement a small application. I am relatively new in using both the technologies.

My problem is When a User enters some urls based on the some pattern, I want to intercept that using some things like controller/ a custom filter.
    In that cusom filter/controller I will do checks and decide, what to do next like whether user should be allowed to pass to the requested url (based on access the user posses) ,whether he should be denied, whether he should be forwarded to some other page.

I am currently using filters defined by Spring Security to intercept URLS.

So, my question is

How to plug in custom filter like this to other existing filters?

I have other question also ,

What difference does it make, if I use a custom filter instead of controller method.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the problem I have.

And, thanks for sharing your knowledge and valuable time.

Vivek.

Originally posted by vivek4348 View Post
    In that cusom filter/controller I will do checks and decide, what to do next like whether user should be allowed to pass to the requested url (based on access the user posses) ,whether he should be denied, whether he should be forwarded to some other page.
    Spring security can already determine if a user is granted access by looking at a request URL and your Spring Security configuration. I highly suggest you run one of the working sample applications to see what is already supported out of the box.

Comment

Working...
    X