Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Custom authentication using only username and having multiple default pages Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom authentication using only username and having multiple default pages

Hi all!
    I have to create a custom login form with spring 2.5 where the user will login only with its username-so the login form will have only one field- and after he/she log in wil be directed to different default pages depending on his role.In other words if the user has role doctor will be directed to doctor.htm and if is a dentist will be directed to dentist.htm.All example if found in google and I've read take as granted the username/password login form and I've found nothing about redirection to different pages.Any help would be really apriciated.

To be clear, I do not consider only providing a username a form of login as it is not secure. I do not recommend doing this to secure your application. The easiest way would be to write a UserDetailsService that always returns an empty string for the password and then including a hidden input with the password equal to empty string.

There are a number of threads on the forums related to redirecting based upon role.

Comment

First of all thank you for your answer.Seconly I know what you mean but the system is indoors and they care more about the redirection part.They need the form only for redirection.And thank you for the resources!

Comment

Working...
      X