X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Expired Credentials at Login

I am using Spring Security 3.1 and having some difficulty trying to implement forcing user credentials to be changed during their login.

It is probably worth noting that I am using an extended UsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter class so that I can pass an additional language dropdown value during authentication to set the application's requested locale after authentication finishes.

Could some illustrate where I should place such code to support this business case with Spring Security 3.1?

I would create a custom filter that checks to see if the password needs changed and if it does, send the user to the change password page.

Comment

1) Check for credentail expired in UserDetailsService and add a role CHANGE_PASSWORD

2) Create your own AuthenticationSuccessHandler and check for role if role has CHANGE_PASSWORD redirect it to changepassword screen

3) In change password controller after changing password create UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken and set authenticated tofalse which l reload authorities again/

Less code and more elegant way.

SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthenticati on().setAuthenticated(false);

Comment

Working...
      X