X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP + SSO + Switch User

I'm new to spring security and have a question about what happens to the user data object after switching user:

1. In my application I authenticate successfully via LDAP. Now my user data object is populated with a variety of details, all belonging to me.

2. I switch user and now my user data object contains details for a different person.

3. I follow a link from my application to another of our applications & successfully authenticate via SSO.

Will the user data object for the switched-user be available for use on the second app? If so, how does that work?

Thanks!

Originally posted by millerdx View Post
    Will the user data object for the switched-user be available for use on the second app? If so, how does that work?
    No. The SSO system knows nothing about Spring Security's Switch-user mechanism. It only applies within the application.

Comment

Thanks Luke.

So will the second app be able to determine that I have switched user?

In my case, the second app does not recognize the switched user: SSO works, but the app only ever sees the original authenticated user.

Comment

Please ignore my second question (that you already answered in response to my original question...).

I get it now.

Comment

Working...
        X