Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Customized ROO + GWT application will be overriden by ROO again Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customized ROO + GWT application will be overriden by ROO again

I'm newbie and so impressed by the power of ROO and GWT together.
    I setup a new GWT apllication in STS using ROO and it is working perfectly. But when I change the UI in ~.client.managed.ui package by modifying either java files or xml files, if I add another field or another entity to the application using ROO my UI code will be overriden by ROO.
    Without GWT I know if I change aspectj files ROO will not override my codes. Anybody can tell me please what should I do?

Many thanks
    Last edited by ebrahim; Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM.

I'm interested in this too. Do we have a roadmap for if/when roundtrip code gen will work with the generated GWT? I'm keen to use roo+GWT to get a new project off the ground, but ideally I'd want to be able to modify the domain model and have those changes propagate as far as possible. I certainly will need to change the user interface from the autogenerated stuff and so if it comes down to a choice between the holy grail of round trip code generation and the ability to modify the web GUI then there's no choice at all.

Is the GWT generation too immature just yet for real projects? Is the answer for now to treat the domain and scaffold stuff as round-trippable, but the 'managed' GWT package as a one-shot code generation (and I guess copy it into a package that's protected from roo's automatic regeneration)? I could live with being able to regenerate the domain and scaffold and then manually pull changes through to my customised GUI - it'd still save a lot of time and effort. Would that work and is there a recommended approach to doing it?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Comment

After reading chapter 3 of ROO reference: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...cture-overview I noticed that I was wrong in the original post. I have to keep the code in .aj files as they are created by ROO. If I'm going to customize a method I have to place it in the .java file and remove it from .aj file (having ROO running) then customize it. In this way it will not be overriden by ROO.
      But about GWT I don't know what to do and I don't care about it for now, since I changed my plan to not to use GWT for current project.

Comment

Working...
      X