Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo + Web flow sample code

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Spring Roo and Web flow. And I want to know more about using Spring Roo and web flow together.

As you know, the web flow sample generated using the shell command

Code:
    Roo>web flow
    is really basic with a next and previous button. Does someone have a sample code that works using webflow + Roo ? (it may be a maven repository or just a zip folder containing the code sample)

I really need to see a working example to understand quickly !

I searched for days on the web but I didn't find any complete sample code that works well.

Thanks

I have been learning Roo + SWF for the past two weeks or so, and I too have not found any good full tutorials or examples for Web Flow. I am finding that you need to understand several different layers (Spring Web Flow, Spring MVC, Spring Tiles, to name just three), and many core Spring technologies (like the new Spring 3 Converters). You can find various explanations and examples of these things online, but it is a tedious matter to cobble them together to get the whole picture. A complicating factor is that many of the tutorials on the web are for SWF 1.0 which is different enough from SWF 2.0 to make them hard or impossible to follow. The SWF 2.0 documentation is a good starting point, but doesn't serve as a tutorial at all. You have to fill in a lot of gaps by searching the web, Spring 3 books, etc.

I am slowly gaining footing (getting into the flow, if you will). I don't know if my current code serves a good example (I still do a lot of head scratching on some very basic things), but I am willing to share what I have so far. That'll probably need to wait until at least next week however.

Comment

Working...
    X