X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPA metamodel generator

While hibernate's jpamodelgen won't run on Roo annotated entities, Is there any plans of creating a roo add-on to do this ? Coding to Criteria API is proving to be difficult without it.

Regards
    Sathya

Hello Sathyakumar,

Your question is bringing an opportunity for learning something new to me...

Please educate me: what is jpa metamodel generator for? what are the benefits for using it?

What is the relevance of the Criteria api?

Thank you in advance
    jD

Note: I know I could Google it. However, I think It would be better to get an opinion for a real developer/user.

Comment

Hi jD,

JPA 2.0 has introduced Criteria API - basically building your queries using java objects and thereby do a compile time checking on the validity of the queries rather than realizing a wrong JPQL query syntax in runtime (plus java developers who are averse to SQL syntax might prefer this more),

As a developer to actually use Criteria API, you will be needing a metamodel class corresponding to the actual entities. These metamodel classes are typically generated

here is a nice article on it (and is actually the first link when you google ).

Regards
      Sathya

Comment

Hi Sathya,

It looks to me like a very interesting nice-to-have feature...

Thank you very much for your valuable information

B. Roogards
        jD

Comment

For the time being, if you push-in refactor the entities, the Hibernate JPA 2 Metamodel Generator works without problems.

Comment

Working...
          X