Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
DBRE and Oracle 10g XE Setup concerns Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DBRE and Oracle 10g XE Setup concerns

    Does anybody know how to setup DBRE using Oracle driver?

    roo> JDBC driver not available for 'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'

  • #2
    You need to OSGi-wrap the Oracle jar. These forum posts, http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ghlight=Oracle and
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ghlight=Oracle should help.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you for the posts.

      Did anybody manage to run Roo DBRE on oracle on JDK 1.6 using Oracle 11?
      I've tried to wrap up ojdbc6.jar from Oracle 11 without success.

      Thanks, Daniel

      Comment


      • #4
        I had success wrapping ojdbc6.jar as I m able to connect to 11g using it. But I ran into a sequence issue. Unfortunately I spent a lot of time trying to get DBRE for oracle 11g work and I gave up. I used this url to wrap oracle 11g drivers. After changing my wrapper project's pom to include this plugin (thanks to some wonderful folks who were trying to get to the bottom of this issue).
        Code:
            <plugin>
                                        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>2.3.4</version>
                                        <extensions>true</extensions>
                                        <configuration>
                                        <instructions>
                                                <Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
                                                <Export-Package>*;version=${pom.version}</Export-Package>
                                                <Bundle-Vendor>${pkgVendor} (wrapped into an OSGi bundle by the Spring Roo project build system)</Bundle-Vendo
        r>
                                                <Bundle-DocURL>${pkgDocUrl}</Bundle-DocURL>
                                                <Bundle-License>${pkgLicense}</Bundle-License>
                                                <Import-Package>!oracle.security.pki,!oracle.ons,!oracle.i18n.text,!oracle.i18n.text.converter,!oracle.xml.par
        ser.v2,!sun.security.krb5.internal,!oracle.xdb,!com.sun.security.auth.module,!sun.security.util,!sun.security.krb5,*</Import-Package>
                                        </instructions>
                                        </configuration>
                                           <executions>
                                             <execution>
                                               <id>bundle-manifest</id>
                                               <phase>process-classes</phase>
                                               <goals>
                                                 <goal>manifest</goal>
                                               </goals>
                                             </execution>
                                        </executions>
                                </plugin>
        Unfortunately after this when I tried to reverse engineer it is still unable to connect, so I started using roo script.

        Comment

        Working...
        X