Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWT app with ROO for domain backend nightmare

Hi,

I'm trying to build a GWT application. I told myself that it would be nice to get use Spring Roo to generate the domain boilerplate. So I did. All is generated as it should.

But at runtime, I just can't manage to persist my objects. I alway get some error about something and it just won't stop. To be precise, I get this error when I try to persist a object.

Code:
    Entity manager has not been injected (is the Spring Aspects JAR configured as an AJC/AJDT aspects library?)
    I found a solution to this, it was to add this:

Code:
    static ApplicationContext context = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("classpath*:META-INF/spring/applicationContext*.xml");
    When I do this I get another error:

Code:
       [WARN] Failed startup of context com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher$WebAppContextWithReload@12923c6{/,E:\work\workspace_external\prototype\target\prototype-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT}
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx]
    Offending resource: file [\prototype-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml]
    I've tried pretty much all I could find. I checked my POM file to see if the spring-transaction dependency was there. I checked all dependencies and all seams ok. I'm pretty much defeated by spring-roo.

Has anyone seen a blog/tutorial on how to do this? If not I hope I manage to make it all work, ill put some tutorial about thing.

Thanks!
Working...
X