Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me just make sure you followed these steps outside of STS:
    1. Downloaded and extracted Roo snapshot
    2. Created a new directory (or started with a directory which contained nothing)
    3. Ran the roo.sh script from the downloaded Roo snapshot
    4. Exectuted the command "script expenses.roo"

Comment

Exactly,this is the steps i did

Comment

i noticed that you removed the dependency on gae api from the pom
        this will return us to square zero where the code will not even compile
        and we will never be able to experiment with it
        Joe

Comment

So, you closed the issue....
          OK, but it is still there, i tried both daily build for yesterday and today (rev bc4abf6 and 4a185b0) and both still generate ~.server.gae with dependencies on GAE specific api when tried with the script expenses.roo from the command line
          but the latest 23Mars build does not even compile because you removed the gae-api jar dependency
          i do not know what the problemis and why you cannot replicate the problem BUT IT IS THERE
          if you cannot believe me i may produce a small screencast for you
          Thanks
          Joe

Comment

wrong GAE classes generated in 1.1.3

I am using the newest STS with roo 1.1.3. There are classes generated for GAE, but I don't use GAE. The generated code has compile errors, because the GAE jars are missing. You can easily reproduce it, create a new project, one simple entity and a controller and use the gwt setup.

Regards, Marcel

Comment

I am having the same issue. I downloaded the latest Spring STS (2.6.0 SR1) to create Spring Roo project. The expenses.roo was used as an example and I facing the exact same problem.

Comment

Can you please try with the latest 1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT ?

Comment

Nope, no success:
                  Output of my log.roo

// Spring Roo 1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT [rev bdfec1d] log opened at 2011-04-25 22:02:19
                  persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database POSTGRES
                  entity --class ~.Timer
                  field string --fieldName message --notNull
                  controller all --package ~.web
                  // [failed] gwt setup

And the error in the roo shell:
                  GWT module's gwt.xml file not found; cannot continue

Hope it helps,
                  Marcel

Comment

Did you start with a clean project, that is no pom? Attach your full Roo script here and I will try it

Comment

Hi
                      @James Tyrrell and @Alan Stewart
                      so many people has reported that the problem is still there (here in the thread and on the issue tracker ticket page)
                      why you insist that there is no problem? if you cannot reproduce the bug, then you have to check your system or tell us your settings
                      why such small problems that make a lot of trouble does not take attention?
                      we cannot even get the code to compile

Sorry for my tone , but it is almost 2 monthes and we keep repeating the same thing without any REAL response...

Thanks for ur patience
                      Joe

Comment

why you insist that there is no problem? if you cannot reproduce the bug, then you have to check your system or tell us your settings
                        I have not been able to reproduce it yet.

As I said above, please start with a clean directory, use the latest 1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT release (there have been many changes in 1.1.3), run the project and persistence setup commands in a standalone Roo shell and then attempt to reproduce your issue

Thanks
                        Alan

Comment

..I am unable to verify it with the snapshot release, I can't get the right maven repository for the snapshot release. Could you please post the exact maven repository to get the snapshot build. I have trouble to get the pom.xml right ;-(
                          The errors are always like this:
                          Failure to transfer org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml from ...

Thanks for your help!

Marcel

Comment

@Alan
                            I am not sure where to get the 1.1.4 snapshot build so I was trying to build from source (git) as I have done this before for 1.1.0 M3.

It seems like I am not able to build from source (either with git pull or git clone). I am getting following error:
                            Code:
                            [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            [INFO] Building Spring Roo 1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT
                            [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) @ org.springframework.roo.root ---
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0:enforce (enforce-versions) @ org.springframework.roo.root ---
                            [INFO] The requirePluginVersions rule is currently not compatible with Maven3.
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] >>> maven-source-plugin:2.1.2:jar (default) @ org.springframework.roo.root >>>
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0:enforce (enforce-versions) @ org.springframework.roo.root ---
                            [INFO] The requirePluginVersions rule is currently not compatible with Maven3.
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] <<< maven-source-plugin:2.1.2:jar (default) @ org.springframework.roo.root <<<
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] --- maven-source-plugin:2.1.2:jar (default) @ org.springframework.roo.root ---
                            [INFO]
                            [INFO] --- maven-gpg-plugin:1.1:sign (sign-artifacts) @ org.springframework.roo.root ---
                            The process just stuck and not going anywhere. What am I missing?

By the way, the following information is for my maven environment
                            Code:
                            Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
                            Maven home: C:\DevJava\Maven\apache-maven-3.0.3
                            Java version: 1.6.0_20, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
                            Java home: C:\DevJava\JDK\jdk1.6.0_20\jre
                            Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
                            OS name: "windows xp", version: "5.1", arch: "x86", family: "windows"
                            Thanks,

Jeff
                            Last edited by cherngje; Apr 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

.. the snapshot build could be downloaded from:
                              http://static.springsource.org/downl...hp?project=ROO

I have trouble with the STS integration and maven interaction ;-( It seems I need a maven repository for org.springframework.roo.an notations:1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

regards,
                              Marcel

Comment

no, just install it from the downloaded jar to your local maven repo

Comment

Working...
                                X