Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Roo DBRE and MS SQL Server 2008 with composite primary keys Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo DBRE and MS SQL Server 2008 with composite primary keys

If I am trying to generate a object with a composite key where different fields of the key are from the Type "char(2)"

Spring Roo doesn't generate the " ,columnDefinition = "char", length = 2 " annotation, but only for the Fields which are in the primary composite key. Then this leads to an error during application startup, saying "Expected varchar(255) , but char(2) found"

All other normal fields get annotated correctly ... what could that be ?

Best regards

Was a composite key class, eg FooPK, generated?

Comment

yes ... and all the fields in this class were not generated correctly ...

Comment

I am not currently adding columnDefinition to fields in the PK class. Please raise a Jira request for this. It won't take long to do

Comment

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2186 raised and completed.
          Regards
          Alan

Comment

coool thanks !

I have found another issue !

The HQL in the "public static long count<<Objectname>>() {..." Method doesn't seem to fit ....

If you have a composite Primary Key it says ... "select count(o) from IscsProduct o" which gets transformed into something like "select count((pkrow1,pkrow2,pkrow3,pkrow4)) from table" and there I get the SQL error "count takes just one parameter" So I replaced it with count(*) and it works ....

Comment

Roo's support for composite primary keys is minimal at the moment. Can you try different ORMs, like OpenJPA or EclipseLink (if not already)?

Raise an issue - I should be able to fix this quickly

Comment

how do i raise an issue ?

Comment

Go to https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO

Comment

I am developing a method to that Spring Roo (or at last, what it has generated) can work nicely with composite PKs

Currenlty I am using a toString mehtod for the PK and a decoder (eg. spilt) so that working with PKs trough the {id} Field works ...

maybe interested in integrating this approach when it works ?

Comment

Working...
                    X