Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Roo STS problem: intermittent ClassNotFoundException on jspx files Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo STS problem: intermittent ClassNotFoundException on jspx files

I'm using STS 2.5.2 with Roo 1.1.1. One problem I have seen throughout multiple versions of STS with Roo is that I occasionally see this type of exception when viewing my web-app, which obviously causes the view in question to not load:

Code:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.views.someView_jspx
    This is on a view that absolutely exists and worked just moments ago without any modifications to it whatsoever. It happens a lot actually. I can isolate it to anytime the server is started fresh (or restarted,) i.e. it doesn't happen "mid-stream" if the server is already running without error. The only thing that seems to fix it is to stop the server, do a "Clean tc Server Work Directory," and then start the server. I'm deploying to an instance of SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition v2.0. Has anyone else seen this or have a better solution than constantly cleaning the tc server work directory?

I see similar problems with Tomcat 6, though usually something occurred that broke the code.
    I also resort to cleaning the dirs as well as a clean rebuild. The latter is due to recurring crashes, which also forces me to force quit the Tomcat server, before I can start it again.

Comment

Well at least I know it's not just me! I wish there were a way to prevent this.

Comment

Working...
      X