X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove WebScaffold

How can I tell roo to stop generating the web scaffold for a controller?

I tried to simply remove the @RooWebScaffold annotation in the java controller file. As expected, Roo deletes the associated XXX_Roo_Controller.aj.

But then, Roo always gives me this error :

Method 'org.springframework.roo.classpath.details.MethodM etadataBuilder@d2d58b' failed to provide a body, despite being identified for ITD inclusion

Here is an example script
    Code:
    project --topLevelPackage foo.bar --projectName FooBar --java 5
    persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_PERSISTENT 
    entity --class ~.domain.Foo
    controller all --package ~.web
    After that, I want to manage by hand FooController and its views.

Here is the similar issue with no awnser
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...ffolding-issue

I'm using Roo 1.1.1.RELEASE.

Thanks!

This has been addressed for the Roo 1.1.2 release. In the meantime you can try out a CI snapshot build: http://static.springsource.org/downl...hp?project=ROO

Let me know if that works for you.

Comment

Possibly related error

I kept getting the following error in a Controller I wrote (copied) to use another Roo generated Bean (backing Object):
      [FelixDispatchQueue] Method 'org.springframework.roo.classpath.details.MethodM etadataBuilder@5b25d568' failed to provide a body, despite being identified for ITD inclusion

So after reading this post, I commented out the @RooWebScaffold. Now Roo deleted and re-adds the Controller_aj, and I still get the same error :-(

____ ____ ____
      / __ \/ __ \/ __ \
      / /_/ / / / / / / /
      / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
      /_/ |_|\____/\____/ 1.1.2.BUILD-SNAPSHOT [rev c395380]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
      [FelixDispatchQueue] Deleted SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/bp/tweetclass/web/BrianController_Roo_Controller.aj
      [FelixDispatchQueue] Undo delete SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/bp/tweetclass/web/BrianController_Roo_Controller.aj
      [FelixDispatchQueue] Method 'org.springframework.roo.classpath.details.MethodM etadataBuilder@5b25d568' failed to provide a body, despite being identified for ITD inclusion

Comment

It could also have to do with this (or the other way around)

roo> development mode
        Development mode set to true
        roo> focus --class ~.domain.Tweet
        ~.domain.Tweet roo> field date --fieldName verifiedAt --type java.util.Date --dateTimeFormatPattern
        Java source code details unavailable for type SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com.bp.tweetclass.domain.Tweet
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Java source code details unavailable for type SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com.bp.tweetclass.domain.Tweet
        at org.springframework.roo.support.util.Assert.notNul l(Assert.java:112)
        at org.springframework.roo.classpath.TypeManagementSe rviceImpl.addField(TypeManagementServiceImpl.java: 80)
        at org.springframework.roo.classpath.operations.Field Commands.insertField(FieldCommands.java:143)
        at org.springframework.roo.classpath.operations.Field Commands.addFieldDateJpa(FieldCommands.java:259)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.springframework.roo.support.util.ReflectionUti ls.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:191)
        at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.ProcessMan agerHostedExecutionStrategy$1.callback(ProcessMana gerHostedExecutionStrategy.java:49)
        at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.D efaultProcessManager.doTransactionally(DefaultProc essManager.java:183)
        at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.internal.D efaultProcessManager.execute(DefaultProcessManager .java:146)
        at org.springframework.roo.process.manager.ProcessMan agerHostedExecutionStrategy.execute(ProcessManager HostedExecutionStrategy.java:47)
        at org.springframework.roo.shell.AbstractShell.execut eCommand(AbstractShell.java:165)
        at org.springframework.roo.shell.jline.JLineShell.pro mptLoop(JLineShell.java:358)
        at org.springframework.roo.shell.jline.JLineShell.run (JLineShell.java:132)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Schmidt View Post
          This has been addressed for the Roo 1.1.2 release. In the meantime you can try out a CI snapshot build: http://static.springsource.org/downl...hp?project=ROO

Let me know if that works for you.
          Yes, this fixed my problem. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X