Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo and GAE users? (getting started)

So to get my feet wet with Roo I decided to try to make a GAE / GWT project that is very simple - an online tracker of battery charge history for rechargable batteries (for use with people who who have chargers that tell you the capacity of the battery)

Now for it to be useful I have to have a way to implement the concept of ownership and perhaps sharing (i.e. you create a set of batteries but let your wife also edit them with her login)

So now I'm at a loss for how to go about this with Roo and GAE.

Should I make another entity which is effectively a join table that will handle mapping userID's to batteries along with a permission type? (i.e read-only or read-write)?

Is there some easier way to handle permissions of entities for gae to allow sharing between users? (or at the very least only allowing the user to see the entities that they created)

I haven't found any decent demoes that handle the idea of a user only being able to see data that he/she creates.

Any tips or pointers or links to tutorials would be appreciated.

Tip

Check out the chapter on domain object security in the Spring Security doco.

This presentation might be useful too.
    Last edited by Andrew Swan; Feb 8th, 2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: Added link to presentation

Comment

To use Spring ACL I think I'll have to write my own GAE AclService - since Spring ACL uses JDBC extensively.

I'll look into doing that.

I was wondering if anyone had come up with a simpler way (since it seems this would be a common scenario for a google app engine app being made in spring roo)

Comment

Working...
      X