Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change version of jdbc-driver and/or other libs

Hello,

is the only way to change the version of used jdbc-driver or other libs to modify the pom.xml?
    If I use the folloing persistence parameter, it adds the postgres 8.4 driver. But I need 9.0.
    Also for the future, i need to change hibernate to 3.6.1 if its available to do a bug in the blob-handling, which should fixed here.

Code:
    roo> persistence setup --database POSTGRES --provider HIBERNATE --databaseName eve --hostName 10.1.0.6 

Updated ROOT/pom.xml [Removed redundant artifacts]
    Updated SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring/applicationContext.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/persistence.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/spring/database.properties
    Updated ROOT/pom.xml [Added dependencies postgresql:postgresql:8.4-701.jdbc3, org.hibernate:hibernate-core:3.6.0.Final, org.hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:3.6.0.Final, org.hibernate.javax.persistence:hibernate-jpa-2.0-api:1.0.0.Final, org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:4.1.0.Final, javax.validation:validation-api:1.0.0.GA, cglib:cglib-nodep:2.2, javax.transaction:jta:1.1, org.springframework:spring-jdbc:${spring.version}, org.springframework:spring-orm:${spring.version}, commons-pool:commons-pool:1.5.4, commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:1.3]
    Updated ROOT/pom.xml [Added repository https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases]

There should be a Postgres driver available via the add-on installation feature. Just run 'addon search postgres' and you will see two Postgres driver versions on offer. You may need to check if you have the older version already install and if so uninstall it first 'addon uninstall...'.

If the driver version of your choice is still not available you can wrap your preferred version easily with the 'addon create wrapper' command (http://static.springsource.org/sprin...dons-packaging) and maybe even publish it so others can benefit.

HTH,
    Stefan

Comment

Hi,
      there are two available via addon. Installed the V9, then I have org.postgresql.roo.wrapper.postgresql available.

After set I did again an persistence setup, and roo put in the old driver again. If i check via osgi ps only the V9 Postgres addon is active, no other vor postgres. So which should i uninstall? Maybe I'm missing something.

Regards
      Ingo

Comment

Working...
      X