Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Git build failing on assembly for me - anybody else?

Anyone else getting this when attempting to build Roo from git?

(I'm using JDK 6.0.22 (Isn't that Avagadro's #?), OS X Snow Leopard, and maven 3.0.2):

> git pull
    > mvn clean package assembly:assembly

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5:assembly (default-cli) on project org.springframework.roo.root: Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found. -> [Help 1]

I've been building before so this is new (as of maybe Thursday?). I've been updating regularly. Anybody else run into this and fix it? I have some things to test in recent fixes so I'm anxious to try to get it up and running again.

Ken

Ken,

I got the same issue on my wintel box...

I have no problem when I use: mvn clean install.

Cheers
    jD

Comment

Right, mvn clean install works - let me clarify...

In order to get the packaging to act like it is a regular distribution (and use it from STS as an installable Roo installation) you have to do a mvn assembly:assembly. That puts a zip file that looks like the release distribution in the roo/target directory.

This worked up until the migration to Maven 3. Is anyone looking into this? I checked out a brand new copy of the git branch and did a mvn clean install assembly:assembly and the assembly failed again.

Either my maven repo is screwed up or this is broken at the moment.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

This appears to be broken for me as well.

Code:
        [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5:assembly (default-cli) on project org.springframework.roo.root: Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found. -> [Help 1]
        [ERROR]
        In the main pom.xml I don't see any assembly descriptor.

I was able to get a packaged roo bundle that I could use with STS by going into deployment-support

and running

./roo-deploy.sh -c assembly -tv

It failed on GPG detatched signature creation - but I don't care about that since I just wanted the bundle... which then resides at the top level source directory under target/roo-deploy/work/(version name)

There might be an easier way to get it to build and to get a sts-usable version of the roo tools from the top level using only maven, but I don't know how

Comment

11 months later I'm still getting this error when building the 1.2.1-Snapshot source. "clean install" works fine, though I had some strange stuff going on when running this build with the "roo-dev" command.

So how are you really supposed to assemble spring roo? ideas?

Comment

deployment-support/roo-ci.sh -dvt

Comment

Thanks, I had to install s3Cmd and got complaints about my spring-roo project folder not being a git source folder. Probably since I moved it. The assembly is under way however. It's going to be very exciting to see if it runs inside STS 2.9.
              Last edited by MiB; Dec 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately the build failed on site-deploy with this error stack:
                [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.8:generate-pdf (single-pdf) on project org.springframework.roo.deployment.support: Execution single-pdf of goal com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.8:generate-pdf failed. NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
                org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionExcep tion: Failed to execute goal com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.8:generate-pdf (single-pdf) on project org.springframework.roo.deployment.support: Execution single-pdf of goal com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.8:generate-pdf failed.
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.e xecute(MojoExecutor.java:225)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.e xecute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.e xecute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModul eBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java: 84)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModul eBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java: 59)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStart er.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStart er.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMav en.java:319)
                at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven .java:156)
                at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.jav a:537)
                at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java :196)
                at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:1 41)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher. launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher. launch(Launcher.java:230)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher. mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher. main(Launcher.java:352)
                Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution single-pdf of goal com.agilejava.docbkx:docbkx-maven-plugin:2.0.8:generate-pdf failed.
                at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager. executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:110)
                at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.e xecute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
                ... 19 more
                Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
                at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.FopPDFImage.setup(FopPDF Image.java:144)
                at org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFDocument.addImage(PDFDocumen t.java:726)
                at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.putImage(PDF Renderer.java:1464)
                at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderImage( PDFRenderer.java:1391)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderViewp ort(AbstractRenderer.java:752)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractPathOrientedRenderer .renderViewport(AbstractPathOrientedRenderer.java: 541)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderInlin eArea(AbstractRenderer.java:635)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderLineA rea(AbstractRenderer.java:610)
                at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderLineAr ea(PDFRenderer.java:1081)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlock s(AbstractRenderer.java:536)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlock (AbstractRenderer.java:586)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlock s(AbstractRenderer.java:526)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlock (AbstractRenderer.java:586)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBlock s(AbstractRenderer.java:526)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderFlow( AbstractRenderer.java:431)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderMainR eference(AbstractRenderer.java:410)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderBodyR egion(AbstractRenderer.java:344)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderRegio nViewport(AbstractRenderer.java:289)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderPageA reas(AbstractRenderer.java:262)
                at org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderPage( AbstractRenderer.java:236)
                at org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderPage(P DFRenderer.java:713)
                at org.apache.fop.area.RenderPagesModel.addPage(Rende rPagesModel.java:120)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager .finishPage(PageSequenceLayoutManager.java:786)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager .makeNewPage(PageSequenceLayoutManager.java:741)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager .handleBreakTrait(PageSequenceLayoutManager.java:8 27)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager .access$300(PageSequenceLayoutManager.java:62)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager $PageBreaker.startPart(PageSequenceLayoutManager.j ava:505)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.AbstractBreaker.addAreas( AbstractBreaker.java:420)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.AbstractBreaker.addAreas( AbstractBreaker.java:370)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager $PageBreaker.doPhase3(PageSequenceLayoutManager.ja va:369)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.AbstractBreaker.doLayout( AbstractBreaker.java:345)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.AbstractBreaker.doLayout( AbstractBreaker.java:263)
                at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager .activateLayout(PageSequenceLayoutManager.java:157 )
                at org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeHandler.endPageSequenc e(AreaTreeHandler.java:385)
                at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.endOfNod e(PageSequence.java:148)
                at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder$MainFOHandler.endE lement(FOTreeBuilder.java:378)
                at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeB uilder.java:194)
                at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityIm pl.endElement(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:1101)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endEle ment(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.sc anEndElement(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerI mpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerI mpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse (Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse (Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse( Unknown Source)
                at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityIm pl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:484)
                at com.agilejava.docbkx.maven.AbstractPdfMojo.postPro cessResult(AbstractPdfMojo.java:85)
                at com.agilejava.docbkx.maven.AbstractTransformerMojo .execute(AbstractTransformerMojo.java:174)
                at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager. executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
                ... 20 more
                I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Comment

Previous of the error stack I find "[WARNING] Failed to find catalog files". I'm not sure what these catalog files are?

More error details follows:
                  [INFO] Processing index.xml
                  Dec 21, 2011 8:40:15 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$ LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
                  Warning: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 672/27)
                  Dec 21, 2011 8:41:08 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$ LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
                  Warning: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 957/695)
                  Dec 21, 2011 8:41:09 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$ LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2

[about 15 more of similar errors, all about "line 1"]
                  ]
                  Last edited by MiB; Dec 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Alan, also with "mvn clean site" the same error occurs also with the 1.2.0.Release source. Could you please advice?

Comment

These warnings are for the PDF doc - just ignore. When the process finishes you should have a zip file in the <roo dir>/target/roo-deploy/dist

Comment

Unfortunately for me I have only the "all" folder containing 92 different jars and the "pom" and "asc" files in my "/target".

I thought there would be a log somewhere, but I can't find it.

Isn't there some alternative way to assemble Spring Roo?
                        Last edited by MiB; Dec 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X