Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo 1.1.1 gwt setup with hibernate/MySQL persistence fails

Spring Team,

Is anybody running Roo 1.1.1 with MYSQL/Hibernate & GWT ??

I have a big problem in that GAE is added to my project even though I specify MYSQL/HIBERNATE which results in compilation errors. If that isn't bad enough then the ApplicationMasterActivities.java doesn't get modified as entities are added.

To reproduce run this script
    Code:
    project --topLevelPackage com.myproject.note
    gwt setup
    persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database MYSQL --databaseName knotate --userName admin --password password
    entity --class ~.server.domain.Note

that results in build errors:

Code:
    1/28/11 5:01:29 PM PST: Refreshing [/myproj/pom.xml]
    1/28/11 5:01:46 PM PST: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD 
    1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] The import com.google.appengine cannot be resolved
    1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] The import com.google.appengine cannot be resolved
    1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] UserService cannot be resolved to a type
    1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] UserServiceFactory cannot be resolved
    and also my entity (~.server.domain.Note) is not added to ApplicationMasterActivities

Code:
    // WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. THIS FILE IS MANAGED BY SPRING ROO.

package com.myproject.note.client.managed.activity;

import com.google.gwt.activity.shared.Activity;
    import com.google.gwt.activity.shared.ActivityMapper;
    import com.google.gwt.place.shared.Place;
    import com.google.gwt.place.shared.PlaceController;
    import com.google.inject.Inject;
    import com.myproject.note.client.managed.request.ApplicationEntityTypesProcessor;
    import com.myproject.note.client.managed.request.ApplicationRequestFactory;
    import com.myproject.note.client.scaffold.ScaffoldApp;
    import com.myproject.note.client.scaffold.place.ProxyListPlace;

public final class ApplicationMasterActivities implements ActivityMapper {

private final ApplicationRequestFactory requests;

private final PlaceController placeController;

@Inject
        public ApplicationMasterActivities(ApplicationRequestFactory requests, PlaceController placeController) {
            this.requests = requests;
            this.placeController = placeController;
        }

public Activity getActivity(Place place) {
            if (!(place instanceof ProxyListPlace)) {
                return null;
            }
            ProxyListPlace listPlace = (ProxyListPlace) place;
            return new ApplicationEntityTypesProcessor<Activity>() {
            }.process(listPlace.getProxyClass());
        }
    }
    Also I erroneously get ~.server.gae.GaeAuthFilter.java, etc added to my project.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Mark

I upgraded maven from 2.0.x to 3.0.x and for some reason GAE is happily no longer included in my MYSQL project but I am still getting compilation errors in ApplicationEntityTypesProcessor.

I opened JIRA ticket : ROO-2048
    https://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-2048

Comment

Originally posted by md10024 View Post
      Spring Team,

Is anybody running Roo 1.1.1 with MYSQL/Hibernate & GWT ??

I have a big problem in that GAE is added to my project even though I specify MYSQL/HIBERNATE which results in compilation errors. If that isn't bad enough then the ApplicationMasterActivities.java doesn't get modified as entities are added.

To reproduce run this script
      Code:
      project --topLevelPackage com.myproject.note
      gwt setup
      persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database MYSQL --databaseName knotate --userName admin --password password
      entity --class ~.server.domain.Note

that results in build errors:

Code:
      1/28/11 5:01:29 PM PST: Refreshing [/myproj/pom.xml]
      1/28/11 5:01:46 PM PST: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD 
      1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] UserService cannot be resolved to a type
      1/28/11 5:01:49 PM PST: [ERROR] UserServiceFactory cannot be resolved
      I got exactly the same error - I am newbie with ROO. I started 1 week ago and it is very frustrating.

Is there anyone who can help?

Is that error fixed with the new ROO version 1.1.2?

regards Mantodea

Comment

Mantodea,

Which version of maven are you using? That problem seemed to inexplicably disappear for me when I upgraded to Maven 3.0.x

Are you also seeing the compile time error?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by md10024 View Post
          Mantodea,

Which version of maven are you using? That problem seemed to inexplicably disappear for me when I upgraded to Maven 3.0.x

Are you also seeing the compile time error?

Mark
          You are right with maven 3 it seems to work. But I got also the following error by trying to run the application.

Mantodea

Code:
          Starting Jetty on port 8888
             [WARN] failed org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector$1@accd65
          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mortbay.thread.Timeout.<init>(Ljava/lang/Object;)V
          	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.<init>(SelectorManager.java:306)
          	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager.doStart(SelectorManager.java:223)
          	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
          	at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:303)
          	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
          	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher.start(JettyLauncher.java:542)
          	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:431)
          	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1053)
          	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:795)
          	at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:282)
             [WARN] failed [email protected]:8888
          java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mortbay.thread.Timeout.<init>(Ljava/lang/Object;)V
          	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.<init>(SelectorManager.java:306)
          	at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:303)
             [WARN] failed Server@945b95
          Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mortbay.thread.Timeout.<init>(Ljava/lang/Object;)V

Comment

That's an error of an entirely different nature, related to jetty and your environment. Make sure you don't have errant processes running, clean and rebuild your project

Comment

Working...
            X