X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to run the following command :
    database reverse engineer --package ~.model --schema PUBLIC and I get the following error:
    Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
    JDBC driver not available for 'org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver'

I have a problem here as the solutions I found out online were not working.
    Solution: download status
    download accept terms of use
    I do get a "DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED" when I try to run download status.

What Am I doing wrong. How do I enable the service? Please help.

Comment

Try this now. The repository was unavailable and they have restored it. You can install the derby driver in your OSGi shell via this mechanism:

Code:
      roo> addon search derby
      2 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
      ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
      01 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby Client #jdbcdriver
             driverclass:org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver. This bundle wraps the...
      02 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby #jdbcdriver
             driverclass:org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver. This bundle wraps...

roo> addon install id --searchResultId 02

roo> database reverse...

Originally posted by gln842003 View Post
      I am trying to run the following command :
      database reverse engineer --package ~.model --schema PUBLIC and I get the following error:
      Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable

I have a problem here as the solutions I found out online were not working.
      Solution: download status
      download accept terms of use
      I do get a "DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED" when I try to run download status.

What Am I doing wrong. How do I enable the service? Please help.

Comment

It did not work

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried your solution. Please not output from ROO editor as below.
        The install was successful. After installation I ran the same command. But am still getting the same error. May be the downloaded addon is not installed properly. Is there a way I can check what are the installed addons ?

I really appreciate your help... .

Code:
          ____  ____  ____  
           / __ \/ __ \/ __ \ 
          / /_/ / / / / / / / 
         / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /  
        /_/ |_|\____/\____/    1.2.2.RELEASE [rev 7d75659]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press CTRL+SPACE or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
        roo> 
        required --database: The database to support; no default value

required --provider: The persistence provider to support; no default value
        roo> persistence setup --database DERBY_EMBEDDED --provider HIBERNATE
        roo> 
        roo> 
        roo> database properties list 
        database.driverClassName = org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
        database.password = 
        database.url = jdbc:derby:MyDbTest;create=true
        database.username = 
        roo>database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --schema PUBLIC
        Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
        1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
        ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
        01 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby #jdbcdriver...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
        [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
        [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
        roo> download status   

**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****

You have previously accepted the Spring User Agent Analysis (UAA) Terms of Use
        as displayed at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/terms_of_use. There is also a
        FAQ available at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/faq.

This means that all Spring Roo download functions are enabled. All applicable
        add-on discovery and installation commands are fully enabled.

If you'd like to change your mind and revoke your acceptance of the UAA Terms
        of Use (and in turn disable Spring Roo features such as add-on support), you
        may do so by typing 'download reject terms of use' and pressing ENTER.

If you'd like to keep UAA enabled (and thus all Spring Roo features enabled)
        but look at the exact data Spring UAA is sending, please type 'download view'
        and press ENTER. You can also fine-tune the level of data that Spring UAA is
        sending using the 'download privacy level' command.

Questions on Spring UAA? Please ask us on the Spring Roo Community Forum at
        http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67. We're happy to help.

roo>addon search derby
        2 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
        01 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby Client #jdbcdriver
               driverclass:org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver. This bundle wraps the...
        02 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby #jdbcdriver
               driverclass:org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver. This bundle wraps...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
        [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
        [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
        roo> addon install id --searchResultId 02
        roo> Target resource(s):
        -------------------
           Spring Roo - Wrapping - derby (10.8.2.2_0001)

Deploying...done.

roo> 
        roo> database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --schema PUBLIC
        Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
        1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
        01 Y Y 10.8.2.2_0001 Derby #jdbcdriver...
        roo>

Comment

Hi all,

just wanted to mention, that we created a Roo addon and a Maven plugin to support configuration and deployment of Roo-generated applications on SAP NetWeaver Cloud platform.

More information can be found on the project’s website:

http://sapnwcloudlabs.github.com/nwcloud-roo-addon/

The addon and plugin are available under Apache Licence 2.0.

Have fun exploring!

Cheers,
          Michael

Comment

SAP NetWeaver Gateway Connectivity Addon for Spring Roo

Hello everybody,

We want to announce the first release of the addon for connecting to SAP Gateway systems.
            The addon can be found here: http://sapnwcloudlabs.github.com/nwcloud-roo-gwaddon/ .

It introduces 4 commands (each with various parameters), which help connect a roo-entity to a gateway-exposed entityset:

gateway setup
            gateway define odata_endpoint
            gateway entity
            gateway field

The addon is provided under Apache 2 License.

Best regards,
            Radu

Comment

So where are all the Addons?

The Roobot addon repository seems messed up. One day the "addon list --refresh" shows only 9 entries, yet another day it will show 44.

Is Roobot broken? Where can I find a decent list of all community addons? Or is the Roo community dead?

Thanks,
              Menno

Comment

The gvNIX development team is pleased to announce that gvNIX 1.0.0 has been released.

This release is built over Spring Roo 1.2.2 and includes 50 tasks, enhancements and fixes over previous version 0.8.2. Most of the work has focused on the screen patterns add-on and on the compatibility of all add-ons with Spring Roo 1.2.2.

As usual, the add-ons under gvNIX umbrella have been published in RooBot for easy installation in Spring Roo.

Enjoy with gvNIX and Spring Roo.

gvNIX Team !

Comment

This looks worthy -- may give it a spin after I get reasonably good with Roo.
                  Thanks,
                  B

Comment

Other developers who use Spring to develop have discouraged me into using Roo

Originally posted by mmartinez View Post
                    The gvNIX development team is pleased to announce that gvNIX 1.0.0 has been released.

This release is built over Spring Roo 1.2.2 and includes 50 tasks, enhancements and fixes over previous version 0.8.2. Most of the work has focused on the screen patterns add-on and on the compatibility of all add-ons with Spring Roo 1.2.2.

As usual, the add-ons under gvNIX umbrella have been published in RooBot for easy installation in Spring Roo.

Enjoy with gvNIX and Spring Roo.

gvNIX Team !
                    Hello Mmartinez,

Greetings from Puerto Rico,

I downloaded the O'reilly Getting Started with Spring Roo recently and frankly I have been discouraged to continue after perceiving an abandoned project when it comes to Neo4j and other NOsql add ons for Roo(if any). It seems to me that 1.2.2 is too young and recent and perhaps many add ons basically broke in the upgrade. I was wondering if you had more advice as for using gvNIX or plain Roo. Is gvNIX a set of add ons that complement the ones in Roo?

I installed gvNIX and tested it. Is the ideal way of learning Roo using SAP cloud service? What I've seen in your site is pretty amazing. Thanks for the great work! You believe Roo is suitable for just about any web application? Do you think complex (relative term) projects should not be started using Roo?

(lo escribí en inglés para que otros lo entiendan)

Comment

Hi,

gvNIX looks indeed great. For SAP cloud service you might also give a try to the 2 add-ons which were previously mentioned:
                      http://sapnwcloudlabs.github.com/nwcloud-roo-addon/ (for deployment on the cloud platform)
                      and
                      http://sapnwcloudlabs.github.com/nwcloud-roo-gwaddon/ (for connectivity to NetWeaver Gateway (or generally ODATA) services)

Have fun,
                      Radu

Comment

Originally posted by mogwaiPR View Post
                        Hello Mmartinez,

Greetings from Puerto Rico,

I downloaded the O'reilly Getting Started with Spring Roo recently and frankly I have been discouraged to continue after perceiving an abandoned project when it comes to Neo4j and other NOsql add ons for Roo(if any). It seems to me that 1.2.2 is too young and recent and perhaps many add ons basically broke in the upgrade. I was wondering if you had more advice as for using gvNIX or plain Roo. Is gvNIX a set of add ons that complement the ones in Roo?

I installed gvNIX and tested it. Is the ideal way of learning Roo using SAP cloud service? What I've seen in your site is pretty amazing. Thanks for the great work! You believe Roo is suitable for just about any web application? Do you think complex (relative term) projects should not be started using Roo?

(lo escrib� en ingl�s para que otros lo entiendan)
                        Hi !

We are not using now NOsql add-ons and then no information can we give you about.

gvNIX is a set of add-ons that complements Roo for real world business application development. gvNIX add-ons are available from every Roo installation from RooBot and from our Maven repository (https://gvnix.googlecode.com/svn/repo). We package too all gvNIX add-ons with last Roo version (currently 1.2.2) in a own distribution for easily installation (https://gvnix.googlecode.com/files/g....0-RELEASE.zip). For gvNIX and Roo documentation in Spanish you can download http://www.gvnix.org/documents/23792/30442/index.pdf and only gvNIX documentation in English is available at https://code.google.com/p/gvnix/wiki/DocGvnix.

I'am sorry, we don't know SAP cloud service.

Roo and gvNIX are a great tool for java applications development.
                        We think are suitable and use it in complex application.

Comment

Useful post!

Comment

Is there something wrong with addons for 1.2.3.RELEASE or 1.2.4.RELEASE ?

I've been trying on Windows 8 and Linx both without proxy/firewall and in both versions/OSs' I get:

Code:
                            roo> addon search jdbc
                            No add-ons known. Are you online? Try the 'download status' command
                            roo> download status

**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****

You have previously accepted the Spring User Agent Analysis (UAA) Terms of Use
                            as displayed at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/terms_of_use. There is also a
                            FAQ available at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/faq.

This means that all Spring Roo download functions are enabled. All applicable
                            add-on discovery and installation commands are fully enabled.

If you'd like to change your mind and revoke your acceptance of the UAA Terms
                            of Use (and in turn disable Spring Roo features such as add-on support), you
                            may do so by typing 'download reject terms of use' and pressing ENTER.

If you'd like to keep UAA enabled (and thus all Spring Roo features enabled)
                            but look at the exact data Spring UAA is sending, please type 'download view'
                            and press ENTER. You can also fine-tune the level of data that Spring UAA is
                            sending using the 'download privacy level' command.

Questions on Spring UAA? Please ask us on the Spring Roo Community Forum at
                            http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67. We're happy to help.

roo>
                            This has been happening since yesterday

Comment

Working...
                            X