Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROO 1.1.1 DB2 Help

Hi,
    first of all, thanks for Roo, it seem very very promising.!!!

BTW, I started studying from 1.1.0 and I was not able to use DB2 JDBC driver.
    Yesterday I was excited to try 1.1.1 but I'm still without success.

Can some one write a little tutorial on how to create a roo project that use DB2 jdbc driver?

I try also to create a wrapper (with the last "addon create wrapper") but my error is:
    [com.my.wrapper.db2jcc [68]] FrameworkEvent ERROR
    org.apache.felix.log.LogException: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.my.wrapper.db2jcc [68]: package; (package=sqlj.framework.ide)

Thanks in advance

Massimo

Are you trying to use the database reverse engineering feature?

The DB2 jdbc driver seems to have many dependencies, and you will have to look at the pom.xml file that got created with the addon create wrapper command and see what you can exclude, for example, the sqlj.framework.ide package you have found and see if the driver actually still works. There are examples in Roo's wrapping directory in the Roo source code to help you include and exclude dependencies.

I haven't been able to successfully wrap any DB2 driver as yet. I believe there is three jars you have to have and it got all too hard unfortunately. If you have a support agreement with IBM, perhaps you can request OSGi-compatible driver jars
    Alan

Comment

Yes, I want to use reverse eng. feature!!!

I work with DB2 in others java projects and you need (for JDBC 4) 2 drivers:
      db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar.

Btw I will try your tips and post the results here in the topic.

Massimo
      Last edited by mmontecchi; Jan 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Also would like to know how to do this with db2 jdbc drivers...

Comment

Also interested.

Comment

Working...
          X