Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PoC for Roo Security Addon - User Registration, Forgot Password, Change Password, DB Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexmc6, perhaps this question is better suited for the google code project page. But there is no harm in trying. You can always use the older version and learn how it creates a security context.

Comment

Activate users issue

Hi all,

I have installed typical security plugin and and I changed the email.properties file like this

email.host=smtp.gmail.com
      email.password=mygmailpassword
      email.port=587
      email.protocol=smtp
      email.username=mygmailaddress

After that I created a user with my email address same as 'email.username', but I didn't get activation e-mail. So I cannot proceed.

1. Should I do any configuration apart from the configuration I mentioned above?

Regards,
      Dilan Alex.

Comment

Working fine with STS 2.7.1 (Roo 1.1.5)

FYI - Rohit's addon appears to be working fine with STS 2.7.1 (Roo 1.1.5). A shame that he is not arround to enhance it. I guess we will have to just use its existance to "encourage us".

It is of course the generated code is a little un-robust (e.g. exceptions if there are emails issues) but that would fixed easily with a little testing.

One small point - I use a local email server which does not take full email address as the "user" so I had to add the following to stop "can't file local email host name" exceptions.
        <prop key="mail.smtp.from">${email.username}@${email.hos t}</prop>
        to line 80 (ish) of applicationContext.xml

And for newbies to this addon

[Except for - admin, admin] You have to login with your newly created "users" full email address not with their "name".

I hope this helps.
        Last edited by RogerPf; Jul 27th, 2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know the status of this add-on? Has it been tested with the latest version of Roo? Was it ever rolled into the base product? It's my understanding that at one point there was a JIRA item to add this into the main roo branch.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Hi FreeCoffee,

Typical security add-on project was moved into gvNIX project. Here are the reference Urls for the same http://gvnix.googlecode.com (english) and http://www.gvnix.org (spanish)

The add-ons developed/maintained by gvNIX project are in RooBot, you can install them directly in Roo 1.2.2 installation.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X