Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PoC for Roo Security Addon - User Registration, Forgot Password, Change Password, DB Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add

<bean class="org.springframework.mail.SimpleMailMessage" id="simpleMailMessage" />

into applicationContext.xml

then you won't get the errors

Comment

Thank you ashin01 for giving solution

yes the problem of "naeem.ally"s is reproducible in spring roo 1.1.1

what you need to do is

run this command in roo shell

entity -class ~.model.UserModel
      field date --fieldName activationDate --type java.util.Date

and add

<bean class="org.springframework.mail.SimpleMailMessage" id="simpleMailMessage" />

into applicationContext.xml file

run the test...it works fine.

mean time we are looking into this problem and get back to guys soon.

Comment

Rohit,

Great work!

I took a brief look at your video and noticed you use the email setup command internally. Since email sending can be slow, this will block the UI thread for that time with your current solution.

If you want this to go away please open a Jira ticket so I can look into adding Spring's @Async for email operations. This will then internally use a future to send the email and the UI thread will not be affected.

-Stefan

Comment

This is a very useful information. I am looking forward for the feature.

Comment

Just to let you know I have implemented support for Springs @Async (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1995) so the 'field email' command now takes an optional --async attribute which enables this feature.

I would recommend for you to use this.

Comment

Hi Stefan,
              Thanks a lot, for proactively taking this up .

I will incorporate this change in the addon

Cheers,
              Rohit

Comment

Great, is it in the release 1.1.2? What's the timeline for 1.1.2? Thanks.

Comment

Yes this will be in 1.1.2 which should be out in ~3 weeks (ballpark).

Comment

Originally posted by rohitghatol View Post
                    Any more suggestions on functionality is more than welcome
                    OpenID and OAuth support.

Comment

I'm encountering compile errors like this in the new controllers after installing Typicalsecurity

Code:
                      ...web/ForgotPasswordController.java:50:0::0 The method findUserModelsByEmailAddress(String) is undefined for the type UserModel
                      error at TypedQuery<UserModel> query = UserModel.findUserModelsByActivationKeyAndEmailAddress(activationKey, emailAddress);

SignUpController.java:54:0::0 The method findUserModelsByActivationKeyAndEmailAddress(String, String) is undefined for the type UserModel
                      error at .findUserModelsByEmailAddress(userDetails.getUsername());
                      I have this version of the addon installed

Code:
                      [  70] [Active     ] [    1] spring-roo-addon-typical-security (0.1.2.BUILD)
                      after entering:
                      Code:
                      Typicalsecurity setup --entityPackage ~.server.domain --controllerPackage ~.web
                      I noticed that some files were not found

Code:
                      Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/xxxxx/client/managed/ui/UserRoleModelSetEditor.java
                      Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/xxxxx/client/managed/ui/UserRoleModelListEditor.java
                      Managed SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/xxxxx/client/managed/request/UserRoleModelProxy.java
                      Cannot locate source for 'com.xxxxx.model.UserModel'
                      Cannot locate source for 'com.xxxxx.model.UserRoleModel'
                      Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/xxxxx/WebUserModelController.java
                      Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/com/xxxxx/WebUserModelController_Roo_Controller.aj
                      Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP/WEB-INF/views/usermodels
                      Any suggestions?

Comment

Hey Rohit,

I found your bug

when using a non-default entityPackage path
                        Code:
                        --entityPackage ~.server.domain --controllerPackage ~.web
                        instead of
                        Code:
                        Typicalsecurity setup
                        then in UserModel.java (and UserRoleModel.java) the finders don't get annotated in, I get
                        Code:
                        @RooEntity
                        public class UserRoleModel {
                        instead of the expected:
                        Code:
                        @RooEntity(finders = { "findUserRoleModelsByUserEntry" })
                        public class UserRoleModel {

manually adding "(finders = { "findUserRoleModelsByUserEntry" })" seems to fix it

Mark

Comment

Rohit, if you want to announce your add-on in a more central location - I just created a sticky thread to do this: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=101800

Maybe it makes sense to release the add-on through RooBot. If you mark it as SNAPSHOT or M1 (milestone) release that would also give potential users an indication about the stability of your add-on. This way you can reach more users (and therefore solicit more feedback) while letting users know that your add-on is still in its early stages.

-Stefan

Comment

Add on

Hello first of all really nice addon it brings some very interesting features and help to make a complete project .
                            Just wanna try this add on but till now is it very stable as i will use it for a project and needs some advice before using it .Is it possible to integrate it with other entities and forms . (i am new to roo )
                            Thanks a lot

Comment

Nice work

Just thought I would mention that there's an existing JIRA ticket (ROO-532) about enhancing the core security addon. I'm sure Rohit's addon and the responses in this thread will give us some good information about what to implement when we do this.

Comment

Thanks to the OP for their work on this. It sounds great. Has there been an official release of this? January is a long time ago with no news. I don't want to try the six month old version if there is a newer one.

Comment

Working...
                                X