X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Roo script generated from UML

The attached Roo script was generated from a UML model and I think its all valid, but Roo hangs when it gets to processing the attributes. Do I need to increase the memory available to Roo or something? I'm on rather limited hardware and I'd appreciate it if someone else could try the script out and see if they get the same problem.

Richard

Originally posted by r.w.lincoln View Post
    Do I need to increase the memory available to Roo or something?
    Richard
    I don't think it is a memory problem. I ran your script with max java heap of 4096MB, but roo only eats 230MB. It seems you hit a limit in Roo 1.1.0. Roo eats 100% of one CPU.

Here, the script runs now for 11 hrs and is only in the middle of the attributes. It doesn't hang, but it is very slow.

I recommend you add a Jira ticket and attach your roo scripts as a testcase to it.

Btw: How did you generate the roo scripts? bouml?

Comment

wow , 11 hours. I have not dared to see the script but it sound like that it could use some separation of concerns ( every thrown in the same model/script sounds like a bad idea)

I would be interested to know that (in a very unscientific) way, what roo script is too big. I would consider any thing which goes on for more than 10 minutes to be big (let alone an hour)

Comment

Large Roo script generated from UML

Originally posted by robertoschwald View Post
        Btw: How did you generate the roo scripts? bouml?
        No, I have a project that generates code from EMF Ecore models using JET2.

http://rwl.github.com/enerate/

Comment

Working...
        X