Clear All

• Change version of dojo in my project

Change version of dojo in my project

Hi all I have a question for you can help me

I am using sts-2.3.2.RELEASE and let me know

How is what verision I am using dojo?

and how I can change to another version

Thanks

Dojo is being packaged by spring-js-resources-x.jar, which belongs to Spring Webflow.

I am using 2.2.1.Release in my ROO project. Unfortunately none of the dojo javascript files includes a version number as far as I know.

So either try to figure out which version of Dojo is in this package (good luck!) or otherwise you can set the path to the Dojo version of your choice by modifying load-scripts.tags.

Comment

I tried dojo.version, which is a property that tells you the version of Dojo itself. However, it came back with a development # and is the same between the one embedded in Roo 1.1.0 and 1.1.1.

Going off the reservation, I suppose you could just comment out that dependency in Maven, and mount your own in a Jar, or just copy to webapp/js or something, , and then add an entry to the mvc:resources tag in the webmvc spring config file to point to the root of the directory that contains dojo.

Then the paths should still match, but you'd get the version you want.

I would think that Roo would upgrade the dependencies on the next update, so you may need to go back to pom.xml and hide that jar.

Ken

Comment

Actually, an update...

I did download a separate copy of dojo 1.5, and expanded it to src/main/resources/META-INF/frameworks/dojo-1.5 - so that I have a prefix URL, and then mounted this as my mvc:resources setting:

Code:
        <resources location="/, classpath:/META-INF/web-resources/, classpath:/META-INF/frameworks/" mapping="/resources/**" />
        So, now I can use:

Code:
        <spring:url value="/resources/dojo-1.5/dojo/dojo.js" var="dojo" />
        And then I don't have to comment out the Spring Javascript resource, because it would live in /resources/dojo/dojo.js without the prefix.

Ken

Comment

dojo version

Originally posted by krimple View Post
          I tried dojo.version, which is a property that tells you the version of Dojo itself. However, it came back with a development # and is the same between the one embedded in Roo 1.1.0 and 1.1.1.
          The "development #" is the dojo SVN revision number, which you can compare by checking out e.g. http://svn.dojotoolkit.org/src/tags/release-1.x.x and then looking at the "Last Changed Rev". The number for dojo 1.5.0 is 22487, for example.

Comment

FWIW, our company's IT roadmap has long ago sunset Dojo 1.5.0. I'm trying to upgrade to 1.9.1 this week. However, it seems this is dead on the vine for Spring Webflow. The current January 2014 release of WebFlow (2.3.3) and the commensurate spring-js-resources-2.3.3.RELEASE.jar still contains Dojo 1.5.0.

I tried swapping it out for Dojo 1.9.1 and various XHR form posting now fail because dojo.string and methods like dojo.string.trim(String) are now removed from Dojo. Given that I've no interest in trying to do a code review of all the SpringJS code to update it to Dojo 1.9.1 compatibility, we'll have to consider divesting Spring WebFlow and SpringJS as it appears to be no longer maintained by Spring and no longer compatible with modern JS frameworks.

Further, it is rather surprising that documentation for SpringJS claims
            Spring JS is designed such that an implementation of its API can be built for any of the popular Javascript toolkits
            Yet, the SpringJS resources jar has only ever contained Dojo, not jQuery, Moo Tools, Prototype, YUI or any other popular JS framework. Dojo is a framework of the past and it's very odd that SpringJS does not have a jQuery adapter.

So, what is the official party line of Spring WebFlow and SpringJS? Should no one use this offering any more unless they want to use only Dojo 1.5.0 in their applications? Thanks.

Comment

I am new to Roo, however, I just used it to successfully build a nice solution. I am curious, are there be any plans to support newer versions of Dojo, JQuery, and newer JDK's? Thank you.

Comment

Welcome to the echo chamber Greg. Don't get your hopes up as this thread appears terminal.

Comment

• Greg Dicovitsky
                  Greg Dicovitsky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have noticed that; it's too bad. The ROO shell is a very nice idea that would have an outsized impact if it moves forward. The lack of a response tells me that there may not be much attention paid to using JQuery, new JDK's, or Dojo. Tying web-2.0 to data layers via workflows is brilliant and could differentiate Spring. Spring Web Flow is a thing of beauty. I think ROO growth is somewhat hampered by its documentation. The features/functionality portion of the doc is great. What I suggest are some meaningful additions to demonstrate overriding ROO functionality in the doc, like adding password and confirm password fields for a "user record" in ROO and hashing the passwords, which I did by overriding the ROO-generated controllers. ROO handles this nicely, but the description of it is hidden. There should be stress that in the end, the application is not a ROO application, but a ROO-generated application that happens to use Spring, Hibernate, Dojo, and the chosen MVC, GWT paradigm.
              Working...
              X