Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database reverse engineering with selected table

Hi,
    Roo database reverse engineering looks fine for exiting system. But in our database, we have 500 tables. Is it possible to reverse only 10 tables from out of 500 tables?

Regards,
    Mamun

You can, however --excludeTables option will require the 400 table names you don't want entities for!

Comment

Hi Alan,
      Thanks for your replay. I found only two command in roo shell one is --package another is --schema. Am I doing something wrong? One more things- how can I apply database second level cashes for query?

Regards,
      Mamun

Comment

My memory must be going, but it seems --excludeTables is only in the latest code base. You can get the code from Git and build Roo.

Comment

If you raise a Jira request, I can provide a --includeTables option to do what you want. It shouldn't take too long.

Until we get proper tab-assisted array command-line options in the Roo shell, it will work the same way as the --excludeTables options. That is, more than one table needs to be space delimited and all tables enclosed with double quotes,
          Examples:

Code:
          database reverse engineer --schema <schema> --excludeTables foo

database reverse engineer --schema <schema> --excludeTables "foo"

database reverse engineer --schema <schema> --excludeTables "com foo bar"

Comment

I think, it will be better if you use regular expression instead of full name for both --exclude and --include command. Because for larger database everyone follow some format for table name.

Comment

The --excludeTables already supports '?' for single character matching and '*' for multiple characters. For example:

Code:
              database reverse engineer --schema <schema> --excludeTables "com* foo?"
              This will match any table starting with com, tables that start with foo and have one extra digit or character.

Comment

Dear Alan,

If i have 500 different table names and i want to exclude 499 table, i think it is better to add--includeTables option, instead of exclude 499 different tables name, it is easy to include one table name.

if you agree with me i will raise a jira ticket to add --includeTables option.

Regards
                Loay

Comment

If you raise a Jira request, I can provide a --includeTables option to do what you want. It shouldn't take too long.
                  Already planned

Comment

--includeTables was added for https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1768.

Note there is a change in the way --includeTables and --excludeTables works. To remove the restrictions placed on by these options, one now does not need to specify them with an empty table list. Thus to maintain the included tables and/or the excluded tables, these options must be specified each time the database reverse engineer command is run.

Comment

Working...
                    X