Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to write Roo Addons?

Hi All,
    I would like to learn to write custom Roo Add ons.

I have searched a lot but could not get step by step Roo Add on tutorials.

What is the road map for community Roo Add ons?

Can I get some material on Roo Add Ons from Roo itself?

Cheers,
    Rohit

You should start by looking at the Addon-simple and Addon-advanced templates for roo projects.

There are some hints about how the development can be done in slides shared by Stefan (http://stsmedia.net/spring-roo-1-1-ga-released/) but I guess ROO team has been busy with S2gx and Devoxx we can expect a writeup of these slides in coming weeks (or even better videos of the talks on infoq or parleys)

But if you are really into development then you should start looking into the code as at this level best documentation is code it's self. I am sure that more instructions will speed up a potential roo-addon-developers understanding, but you can gain the same understanding by looking at code (and for publishing it, by looking in OSGI documentation)

Comment

The current Roo master already contains a fair amount of documentation to get you started on add-on development. This will be published along with the next release (1.1.1.RELEASE). In the meantime you can git clone the current trunk and build the docs by running 'mvn site'.

Comment

Hi,
        I have checked out master branch of Roo source code.

Could you point where to look for add on reference documentation there?

So far I did some examples of Simple add on, I plan to move to learn Advanced Add on so these can generate their own .aj files (ITDs). I am trying to understand how the entity --class ~.model.XYZ works and even controller all --package ~.web works.

Any pointers on this would be a lot of help.

Cheers,
        Rohit

Comment

Never mind about the location of the documentation, I found them in src/site/

Comment

To get started on developing an ITD emitting add-on I would also strongly recommend to try out the addon create advanced command which gives you a fully working sample addon which emits ITDs.

Comment

Working...
            X