X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expense app on release

I imported the expense sample app into eclipse and I keep getting this DataNucleus Enhancer problem:

Exception occurred executing command line.
    Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\data\workspace\app"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect

Any idea why I'm getting this?

Command line is too long (on Windows). Do something to reduce it, like forking the process, or limiting what classes/packages are enhanced

Comment

what does forking the process mean?

am i understanding this right?

-move java process to a shorter path like c:\java...?
      -make package names shorter?
      -limit the classes that get enhanced? how exactly do you do this?

Comment

Depends how you are running the DataNucleus enhancer ... which you don't tell us. If you're running it yourself via the likes of Ant or Maven then you can fork the java process (see their docs). If running via the DN eclipse plugin, or other such method then that isn't an option.

In terms of reducing the length of the command, you could use a persistence.xml and specify the classes to be enhanced in there, so the command line would be much shorter.
        Last edited by andy; Nov 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Has anyone solved the problems, and willing to provide specific steps to resolution

I have experienced the exact same problem. When trying to run a Spring.roo application after the following commands in the Roo shell:
          persistence setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
          entity --class ~.server.domain.Employee --testAutomatically
          field string --fieldName userName --sizeMin 3 --sizeMax 30
          gwt setup

After finishing execution I ran the project as a "Web Application". If it is of any relevance, I'm running the 64bit STS on a Windows 7 machine.

Comment

Working...
          X