Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install own spring roo addon

Hey,
    maybe I've overseen something obvious or installing a custom roo addon is a very secret thing...

For example
    I created a roo project in eclipse with type "Add-on advanced".
    (by the way the created project doesn't seem to have the roo nature, because I cannot open the roo shell for this project in eclipse until i added it manually)

After I executed "perform assembly" the addon jar was created.

But I then didn't figured out how to continue from that to use it in a regular roo project.

Can any one give me some advice?
    thanks in advance
    max

I have written an extensive addon development guide for the Roo docs already. It is in our code repo and will be published with the next release latest. (You can build it from sources and review it right now though)

There is also my slide deck which should help: http://www.slideshare.net/schmidtste...ne2010addondev

In case you are speaking German, there is also a long article about add-on development in the JavaMagazin .

Anyway, in your case it boils down to publishing your project to a Maven repo somewhere (maybe a Google code project) and making the resulting OSGi repo available to the RooBot Service (all in the docs).

If you want to test locally you can use the osgi command:

roo> osgi start --url file:///full/path/to/the/jar

HTH,
    Stefan

Comment

Ok it worked, thanks

going to check out the javamagazin article, danke

max

Comment

Glad I could help. Let me know once the add-on is published (maybe through RooBot?). What is it about?

-Stefan

Comment

Hey,
          I'm trying to create an addon that supports multitenancy.
          Right now, I just want to have an annotation that introduces a tenant field for the annotated entity. Further steps would be to create an aspect that sets the tenant that the calling user belongs to and generates finders that query with the tenant.

This actually brings me to my next problem. The ITD works, but the project claims not to know the new defined annotation from the addon. Do I need to add the dependency to this project on setup (if it's like that, why doesn't the advance addon template put something like this in the configuration.xml)?

thanks in advance
          max

Comment

Have same problem here.

I have three projects - main Roo project and 2 addons - advanced and MVC i18n. Cannot force STS to use addons.

Is there any complete roo addon development guide, i can find? I do not speak german...

Comment

Hi guys,

About the add-on development guide, as I mentioned above, there is plenty of new documentation in the current Roo master which will be published with our next release. If you want it faster all you have to do is do a git clone and a mvn site to get the docs generated locally.

I agree the advanced add-on should show how to install repositories and dependencies into the target project. Would you mind raising a Jira ticket on this?

it is fairly easy to do. It boils down to referencing ProjectOperations and calling two methods on it:

Code:
              @Reference private ProjectOperations projectOperations;

projectOperations.addDependency(new Depenency("groupId", "artifactId", "version"));

projectOperations.addRepository(new Repository("id", "name", "url"));
              HTH,
              Stefan

Comment

Thanks Stefan,

BTW - How can I debug roo addon in STS?

Comment

Working...
                X