Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Roo version in not working

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest version of Roo plugin for creation of Flex&Spring project, then added environment variables, started Roo and received such error message. Roo don't want to execute any commands.

Nov 11, 2010 9:45:02 AM org.springframework.roo.felix.JdkDelegatingLogList ener logNow
    SEVERE: [org.apache.felix.scr [6]] Unexpected problem executing task Activate Component: org.springframework.f
    lex.roo.addon.FlexScaffoldMetadataProvider (6)
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot cast service: org.springframework.roo.classpath.itd.ItdRoleAware Met
    adataProvider
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(F elix.java:2748)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.regis terService(BundleContextImpl.java:252)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager
    .java:408)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.registerComponentService(AbstractCompone
    ntManager.java:419)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager$Unsatisfied.activate(AbstractComponentMa
    nager.java:1003)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManage
    r.java:298)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager$3.doRun(AbstractComponentManager.java:50
    5)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ComponentActivatorTask.r un(ComponentActivatorTask.java:67)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ComponentActorThread.run (ComponentActorThread.java:96)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    ____ ____ ____
    / __ \/ __ \/ __ \
    / /_/ / / / / / / /
    / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
    /_/ |_|\____/\____/ 1.1.0.RELEASE [rev 793f2b0]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
    roo>

Could you please help me to resolve this issue?
    Do you know where I can download stable Roo version for using it with Flex Addon?

Thanks,
    Roman Protsyk

The current release of the Flex Addon (1.0.0.M1) is currently only compatible with Roo 1.1.0.M1. We are working now towards a 1.0.0.M2 release of the Flex Addon which will restore compatibility with the GA release of Roo 1.1.0. This should be available around mid-December. If you're really eager and willing to live on the edge, keep an eye on the Spring Flex forum (http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=61) as I will make an announcement there once the nightly builds are in a clean enough state to begin general testing against Roo 1.1.0.

Comment

Hey, Jeremy, that's good news to me. I'm working on that myself soon in the Roo in Action chapter, and will wait for that version... I've subscribed myself to the flex forum looking for that message.

Ken

Comment

Working...
      X