Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartGWT-Addon

Hi,

I am working on an Roo-addon for SmartGWT. Right now it can set up the project (dependencies, web.xml, application-context, GWT-module, etc.), manage SmartGWT-datasources based on RooEntities and provide a simple crud-UI per datasource.

I am just curious if somebody else here is working with SmartGWT and is interested in using Roo, or maybe even to combine efforts working on an addon...

Your's

Jens

Hi Jens,

Nice to hear you are working on a new add-on! I have posted some slides of a Roo add-on development session I have recently presented on slideshare:

http://www.slideshare.net/schmidtste...ne2010addondev

Make sure to take a look. If you make your add-on RooBot compliant it can be made available through the Roo shell quite easily with the new 'addon install' command. We'll publish some more documentation on this topic very soon.

HTH,
    Stefan

Comment

Hi Stefan,

thank you very much. Some more documentation on writing add-ons will help a lot, but Roo's architecture is simply great and it was not to difficult to get the information needed from existing sources.

Making the add-on RooBot compliant and giving it to the public is definitely an option. I just wanted to make sure that I am not the only one interested in combining SmartGWT (which is quite different to standard GWT in some ways) and Roo before starting any effort in this direction. It works well for myself, but there would be quite some work to do to make it available to others.

Your's

Jens

Comment

Hi Jens,

i am very interested in this question. Your effort is appreciated.

Your's

Zeben

Comment

I'm also interested in support for SmartGWT in Roo. Has this indeed been turned into an addon? If so, what's the bundle name?

Cheers, Robert.

Comment

Yes, this plugin is working. I have not had enough time though to really bundle it and make it publically available, but I think I will be able to do so over the holidays.

Comment

Any updates?

Hi Jens,

have you had time to release it to the public? Even if you haven't, it would still be great if you could share what you have done and some other member of the community could pick up the project and complete it.

Thanks!
              Last edited by randomize; Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Jens,

I am interested as well on the SmartGWT-Addon , have you had time to release it , if not I might be of help in extending it

Comment

A SmartGWT-Addon would be great! Are there any news?

Comment

Working...
                  X