Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.

When i run database reverse engineer, i have this message :JDBC Driver not avalaible for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

Does this mean that the ID is 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' ?

When i run this command : "addon install id --searchResult com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

it responds : "For input string : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

and it doesn't solve the problem

Best regards

Loic

Edit : I managed to install a bundle with this command : ' addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar'

But now, after restarting roo, when i run database reverse command i have this message : "Spring Roo automatic add on discovery currently unavailble, JDB driver not avalaible..."

hard!
    Last edited by loic_d; Feb 2nd, 2011, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Re,

i used antoher method, and it worked.

I've found the org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar on the web, and i 've run :

osgi start --url file:org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar

Comment

Does this mean that the ID is 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' ?
        The ID is the number at the beginning, ie

Code:
        roo> database introspect --schema unable-to-obtain-connection
        Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
        1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.1 compatible
        ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------

01 Y Y 5.1.13.0001 #jdbcdriver driverclass:com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. This...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
        [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
        [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version

Comment

That's strange, when i type 'database introspect --schema unable-to-obtain-connection' i don't have the same message you have.

I have just ' Spring Roo automaticadd-on discovery currently not available JDBC driver not available'

I use the last release (1.1.1)

Comment

The feature is there for 1.1.1. Proxy or firewall issues?

Comment

I've turned of my firewall, proxy is set in windows preferences and m2 settings, is there another conf file for Roo proxy?

Comment

Hi!

I tried installing the mysql-java-connector via the "addon install id" command and after it reached 100% it encountered an exception.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot.

I'm using STS 2.5.2.

Comment

Originally posted by loic_d View Post
                  Re,

i used antoher method, and it worked.

I've found the org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar on the web, and i 've run :

osgi start --url file:org.springframework.roo.wrapping.mysql-connector-java-5.1.13.0001.jar
                  Can you share the URL of the jar you found?

Comment

yep, it think was here :

http://s3browse.springsource.com/bro...a/5.1.13.0001/

Comment

Originally posted by loic_d View Post
                      Thank you!

Comment

I'm having a similar problem, except that when I launch Roo from an OS shell, it works fine and happily reverse engineers my database.

When I try to run the DBRE from within the Roo shell in STS, it fails and asks me to install the addon; when I try to install the addon, it appears to have succeeded, but ultimately fails again when I try to re-run the DBRE:

roo> database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --schema downloadsite
                        ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
                        [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
                        [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
                        JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'
                        roo> addon install id --searchResultId 1
                        roo> Target resource(s):
                        -------------------
                        Spring Roo - Wrapping - mysql-connector-java (5.1.13.0001)

Deploying...done.

roo> roo> database reverse engineer --package ~.domain --schema downloadsite
                        JDBC driver not available for 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'
                        roo>
                        How do I make this work in STS?

Comment

Try downloading the jar from this post.

Then manually install the jar using
                          osgi install --url <full file path to the mysql jar you downloaded>

Comment

Incorrect proxy setting

Please try checking whether your jvm/jdk proxy settings are properly defined.

You can check this by typing 'proxy configuration' in your roo shell.

Cheers!!!

Comment

It's the jvm proxy. Try looking for a file named net.properties in the location where your jdk/jvm is installed.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X