Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not allow field to update

Hello everyone,

I am going mad with the following problem, a have a class named Service, with a relation ManyToOne to another class Company. This field is updated automatically on the Service Create using @PrePresist method. But i do not want a user to update this field, but being able to update every other field. The problem is that using on the jpsx render=false ou disabled=true, set the Roo controller to try to update the field with null.

What is the best way to achieve this??

I suggest the spring reference guide.

With the DataBinder you can specify which fields are ignored (disallowed fields) when updating the object (id for instance). That way you can disable/not render/only show the fields in your jsp...

Comment

I have done this:

@RooWebScaffold(path = "services", formBackingObject = Service.class)
      @RequestMapping("/services")
      @Controller
      public class ServiceController {

@InitBinder
      public void initBinder(WebDataBinder binder) {
      binder.setDisallowedFields("company");
      }
      }

And on update.jspx:

<field:select disabled="true" field="company" id="c_com_gsell_domain_Service_company" itemValue="id" items="${companys}" path="/companys" z="FAktdDOsoWdwJazOUclK16W60d4="/>

But on update, this is replacing the company with a null value....

What am i doing wrong?

Comment

You would need to add the parent object in the session using @SessionAttributes

Comment

To me that indicates that a new object is being created instead of reusing the one used to display the page. YOu can either change this by adding @SessionAttributes and store the class in the session or you can create a @ModelAttribute annotated method which retrieves/returns the object (probably based on an id).

I'm not that familiar with roo but maybe roo can helpyou in that regard (check the web actions/commands available).

Comment

Thank you all,

but i am very new to Spring and Roo, i have 2 questions

1 - the company object, is a reference from another object named AppUser, that i am using to authenticate users using Spring Security, i have read that it is possible to cast the UserDetails directly to my AppUser object, but this is raising an error : unable to cast etc... what are the prereq's for this direct cast?

2 - Using @SessionAttributes can be very helpfull, i would like to store AppUser on this after the user login's, where can i do this?

for storing automatically the company into the Service Object i am using this (as you can see this is NOT very good, using a direct cast would be much better:

@PrePersist
            public void onPrePersist()
            {
            Object principal = SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthenticati on().getPrincipal();
            Company usercompany = new Company();
            if (principal instanceof UserDetails) {
            String userName = ((UserDetails) principal).getUsername();
            for (AppUser lappuser : AppUser.findAllAppUsers())
            if (lappuser.getName().equals(userName))
            {
            usercompany = lappuser.getCompany();
            }
            }
            this.setCompany(usercompany);
            }

Thank you again for your help!

Comment

Without seeing more of your code I can not see why it is not working.

We directly cast OK using the following code snippits

if ((auth = SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthenticati on()) != null) {
              userLoggedInProfile = (UserLoggedInProfile) auth.getPrincipal();
              }

public class UserLoggedInProfile implements Serializable, UserDetails {
              userLoggedInProfile is already in the Session so I am not sure why you want to "store AppUser on this after the user login using @SessionAttributes ". I could see you storing it in @SessionAttributes when an admin type user updates an AppUser object.

Comment

Thank you all,

I have solved the problem, correcting my AppUser, AppRole classes to implement the apropriate Spring Security interfaces, now i can cast UserDetails to AppUser.

great forum with great users, i will try to help others as i get more experience with Spring and Spring roo.

Comment

Working...
                X