Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Deploy to Glassfish Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deploy to Glassfish

    Has anyone successfully deployed a roo app to glassfish?
    I am trying to get the expenses example working under glassfish but am not getting very far.

    The example works fine in development mode running it using "mvn gwt:run".
    The only line I needed to change was the persistence setup to use ECLIPSELINK and POSTGRES.

    I then need to adjust the persistence settings to use the glassfish connection pool (jdbc/CISX) which I think should be done like this:

    persistence setup --provider ECLIPSELINK --database POSTGRES --jndiDataSource jdbc/CISX

    but when I deploy the project to glassfish the web page appears with just the blue "loading..." rectangle and no user interface appears. Presumably this means the asynchronous RPC is not happening. I've looked in the glassfish log but there are no obvious error messages occurring.

    I know the connection pool is setup okay because another project is able to get and display data from the postgres database on localhost.


    Would be much obliged if anyone can give me some advice on fixing this.

  • #2
    Any chance of a sticky on app server deployment issues..? I gave up on roo because I couldn't get it to deploy on weblogic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just in case anyone else is struggling with this issue I finally found a fix for this.

      At first I thought there must be a problem with my JPA/JDBC setup so I tried creating simple Roo apps with a variety of different JPA providers and databases. However all the combinations I tried exhibited the same problem.

      The "launch" link in the Action column of Glassfish's application list was launcing my app with a url like
      http://localhost:8080/ExpensesELPG-0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT
      this showed the blue "loading..." rectangle but the expenses app never loaded.

      It seems that appending a forward slash to this fixes the problem. This can be done manually in the browser or by adjusting the application's ContextRoot in glassfish which will make the launch link work correctly.

      Comment

      Working...
      X