X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DBRE and Oracle

Hi all, im using an Oracle Database with Roo. When i run the application with tomcat it connects with database correctly and i can add,update,delete rows without problems.

When i try to do database reverse engineering in the roo console i get "JDBC driver not available for 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'". I am using ojdbc14.jar for Oracle9i and the driver class function properly running the project on appserver.

I have ROO 1.1.0 M3

I want to know if somebody knows what is the problem here.

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

Finally i can execute database reverse engineering without errors but now it only generates dbre.xml with database node but classes arent created

Comment

The driver used for Roo projects such as yours does not need to be OSGi enabled. But since Roo itself runs in an OSGi container (Apache Felix), the database drivers need to be wrapped by OSGi. As Oracle is a licensed product we can't ship their drivers.

In DBRE, we use the 10.2.0.2 OSGi Oracle driver. You can obtain it from Spring's EBR. These 3 dependencies can then be copied into the Roo distribution's bundle directory. It should work for you then

Alan

Code:

<repository>
      			<id>com.springsource.repository.bundles.external</id>
      			<name>SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository - External Bundle Releases</name>
      			<url>http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external</url>
      		</repository>

<dependency>
      			<groupId>com.oracle.jdbc</groupId>
      			<artifactId>com.springsource.oracle.jdbc</artifactId>
      			<version>10.2.0.2</version>
      		</dependency>
      		<dependency>
      			<groupId>javax.resource</groupId>
      			<artifactId>com.springsource.javax.resource</artifactId>
      			<version>1.5.0</version>
      			<scope>provided</scope>
      		</dependency>
      		<dependency>
      			<groupId>javax.transaction</groupId>
      			<artifactId>com.springsource.javax.transaction</artifactId>
      			<version>1.1.0</version>
      			<scope>provided</scope>
      		</dependency>

Comment

Finally i can execute database reverse engineering without errors but now it only generates dbre.xml with database node but classes arent created
        Oracle schema names are case sensitive. Doo you see tables after running the database introspect --schema <schema name> command?

Comment

Thank you, the case is the problem. My database is really big and take too long the mapping. can i tell roo that i only want to map specific table?

Comment

Limiting the reverse engineering to certain tables is a feature request in https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1410.

How many tables do you have?

Comment

187 tables :S and one table fails with this error 'Type for table 'ZONES' could not be found' and undo everything.

i am thinking to create only the entities i need manually. how can i tell roo that a field has a sequence in the database?

Thank you very much for your quick answers.

Comment

Would you mind sending me the dbre.xml if it generates OK or an Oracle DDL of the schema to stewarta at vmware dot com ? It would be very useful to me to look at the issue you are experiencing as well as too find the performance bottlenecks of a schema that size. I promise not to share it with anyone and will delete it after I finish.
                Thanks
                Alan
                Last edited by Alan Stewart; Sep 28th, 2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

you have the ddl on your inbox

Comment

Working...
                  X