Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke too soon. Just after posting, I came across an instruction to run the following:

script install-jdbc-drivers.roo

That installed whatever Roo was missing and now I can introspect successfully.

Comment

In case you're still wondering why you had to do this, the reason is because the JTOpen jars and a handful of other 3rd party database jars are quite large. The JTOpen I think is around 6MB+. Bundling all of those as OSGI wrapped bundles would result in a heavy download for the Roo distribution and could progressively get bigger as more database support is added. This script keeps things lightweight since not everybody wants those 3rd party libraries.

btw, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one using DB2400

Comment

That makes sense, but it does suggest that Roo should prompt you to run that script when you do the persistence setup and tell it you want to use DB2400. Or possibly when you get that "driver not found" error.

Comment

Appended reminder about running install script to exception message

Comment

Out of interest, has anyone attempted to connect to DB2 for Windows/Linux using the DB2/400 driver?

Comment

The DB2400 driver is pretty specific to the IBM System i (AS400), so I don't know that it would actually work with DB2 for Windows/Linux. Mind you I have never tried it since I don't have a DB2 for Windows/Linux database.

Comment

Would it be possible to automatically download/install the required osgi bundle upon request? So if I did specify DB2400 on the database command, it would then just run the osgi install command for JTOpen automatically and then could just tell the user to restart the Roo shell.

Comment

I'm changing code now to allow this (see https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1772). So the first time one does a database introspect or database reverse engineer the bundle will be downloaded without any extra input from the user.

Comment

So will the user still need to restart the Roo shell? If yes, will they be warned to do so?

Comment

Working...
                    X