Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Roo Trivial Example

Hi All,

I am currently evaluating Roo because looks great for application development and cover all my requeriments.

I am only worried because i cant run this example in tomcat following exactly the instructions here: http://www.springsource.org/roo/start

When i run this with "mvn tomcat:run" and i open localhost:8080/app on my browser i receive the next error related with GWT:

Code:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name '/ApplicationScaffold.html' in servlet with name 'foo'
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1013)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:815)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:717)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:113)
    I have JDK 1.6.20, Roo 1.1.0M3

I hope you can help me, i think i am doing something wrong.

Regards,

Alejandro Ibarra

I was able to get to it using
    Code:
    http://localhost:8080/foo/timers
    Looks like the starting point isn't being setup correctly.
    Last edited by btlife; Sep 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Has anyone found a fix for this? You can get to the Timers page as btlife pointed out but you can't access the "home" page. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

In webmvc-config.xml, you'll see the following snippet:

Code:
        	<!-- selects a static view for rendering without the need for an explicit controller -->
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/" view-name="/ApplicationScaffold.html"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/uncaughtException"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/resourceNotFound"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/dataAccessFailure"/>
        Change it to:

Code:
        	<!-- selects a static view for rendering without the need for an explicit controller -->
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/" view-name="index"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/uncaughtException"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/resourceNotFound"/>
        	<mvc:view-controller path="/dataAccessFailure"/>
        Last edited by opyate; Dec 7th, 2010, 05:41 AM.

Comment

I'm facing the same problem. I tried the suggestion to change webmvc-config.xml and now when I try to access the index.html page of the scaffolding I keep getting the error 'GWT module 'app' may need to be (re)compiled.'

Naturally, 'app' has been GWT-compiled and recompiled again, but I still can't get the scaffolding html page to load. The app works fine when accessing individual services (eg: /customers) but the JSP-based views are displayed, not the GWT app.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't see the point of Roo + GWT if it takes this much tinkering to get it to work.

Comment

Build a roo script and post it

Originally posted by crehbein View Post

Naturally, 'app' has been GWT-compiled and recompiled again, but I still can't get the scaffolding html page to load. The app works fine when accessing individual services (eg: /customers) but the JSP-based views are displayed, not the GWT app.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't see the point of Roo + GWT if it takes this much tinkering to get it to work.
            One natural step is to help yourself and us to reproduce this problem. Build a Roo script, so that we can reproduce what you've done so far, by editing the log.roo file in the root of your project. Edit away duplicate commands and irrelevant details. Use that for building a new project, verify that it has the same problems and post the resulting script here. If you make any edits to source, post the changes only.

This approach give you a possibility to reevaluate what you've done so far as well as giving us a chance to help you more effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by MiB View Post
              One natural step is to help yourself and us to reproduce this problem. Build a Roo script, so that we can reproduce what you've done so far, by editing the log.roo file in the root of your project. Edit away duplicate commands and irrelevant details. Use that for building a new project, verify that it has the same problems and post the resulting script here. If you make any edits to source, post the changes only.

This approach give you a possibility to reevaluate what you've done so far as well as giving us a chance to help you more effectively.
              Hi, thanks for the advice, naturally 'helping myself' was what I did after a few frustrating hours reconfiguring some things.

As a pure Java developer the notion of using GWT was attractive, which is why I did a gwt setup in the first place. But ROO didn't configure some things as I would have done were I to manually set up a GWT app.

In any event, I figured out (while figuring things out) that my specific problem was more due to WTP misbehaving during a smart-publish than ROO wrongly configuring things.

Thanks,
              - C

Comment

Originally posted by ajibarra View Post
                Hi All,

I am currently evaluating Roo because looks great for application development and cover all my requeriments.

I am only worried because i cant run this example in tomcat following exactly the instructions here: http://www.springsource.org/roo/start

When i run this with "mvn tomcat:run" and i open localhost:8080/app on my browser i receive the next error related with GWT:

Code:
                javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not resolve view with name '/ApplicationScaffold.html' in servlet with name 'foo'
                	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1013)
                	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:815)
                	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:717)
                	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:644)
                	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:549)
                	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
                	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                	org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)
                	org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
                	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:113)
                I have JDK 1.6.20, Roo 1.1.0M3

I hope you can help me, i think i am doing something wrong.

Regards,

Alejandro Ibarra
                Use "mvn tomcat:run-war" instead

Comment

Working...
                X