Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project not dead

Hi,

In the wake of my previous, "Is this project dead?" post, I just wanted to say that I am now building a real project with Roo, and I like it very much.

I agree with other posters that it would (will) be nice to have more user- and security-related use cases handled by modules (like a configurable UserDetails service, and ACLs, which I added by hand). But, overall, I find Roo rather smashing. I particularly like starting a project knowing that everything in my POM is up to date. And the dynamic finder thing saves lots of time and typing.

I have already recommended Roo to a couple of other developers.

Thanks for all the good work!

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your kind words. It is always nice to see positive feedback by users in return for our work

Regarding the ACL and user management improvements, please vote on https://jira.springframework.org/browse/ROO-532 if you have not already done so. It is already one of our most popular tickets so we will probably be looking to tackle this in the Roo 1.2 release train.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Comment

One thing I forgot. If you can it would be great if you could share your experiences developing a 'real' project with Spring Roo in a blog post at some stage.

Comment

Hi Stefan,

I have voted.

I'm not much of a blogger. But, I'll see what I can do.

Again, thanks.

Cheers,

Greg

Comment

Working...
        X