X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add new tables to existing application

I have created new web application using roo, for one table in existing database, Now i want to add new table, so i created a new entity and field, but when i issue command
    controller scaffold ~.web.MyExistingApp
    It gives me error application exists,

so is there any command to recreate web appication

Worked, i just did
    controller scaffold ~.web.MyExistingApp1

Is there a way to copy existing project and start working with copied project,

and it created required files, i am going to add GWT and spring webflow and see how they work,

Comment

Can you please include all Roo commands you issued so we can try to reproduce this?

You can try deleting all web artifacts and reissuing the controller command.

Comment

This is what i did,
        First i created a sample project with following commands
        project --topLevelPackage com.tauck
        persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database DB2 --databaseName DB --userName user --password pass
        entity --class ~.model.XrefGlobalId --identifierField GLOBALIDID --identifierColumn GLOBALIDID --table XREF_GLOBALID
        field string --fieldName GLOBALIDCD --notNull --sizeMax 16 --type java.lang.String
        field string --fieldName DESCRIPTION --notNull --sizeMax 40 --type java.lang.String
        test integration
        controller scaffold ~.web.MyWebApp
        perform eclipse

After this got working i created a new entity

entity --class ~.model.XrefChargeId --identifierField CHARGEID --identifierColumn CHARGEID --table XREF_CHARGEID
        field string --fieldName CHARGECD --notNull --sizeMax 16 --type java.lang.String
        field string --fieldName DESCRIPTION --notNull --sizeMax 40 --type java.lang.String
        test integration
        controller scaffold ~.web.MyWebApp

I got error that MyWebApp exists,

So then i changed the last command
        controller scaffold ~.web.MyWebApp1 and it worked and created required jsp file

Comment

Just a tip, "controller all" is usually easier.

Comment

Working...
          X