Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it community driven project or not anymore?

Wondering if something happened after you guys been merged into VMWare.
    It will be good to know if community will no longer affect the direct project move and the features set it has. It is crucial deciding factor for architects to either recommend this project to use or not. If the project is lacking must-have features other tools have, and the dev team refuse to implement or even apply community developed patch who the hell is gonna need Roo?

Today I am talking about BDRE. I've submitted two easy to implement feature requests. Both of them are part of HibernateTool reserve engineering routine for a long time, discussed many years ago and accepted by community.

Any comments?

Hi Roman

Since joining VMware we're very happy to have been able to actually increase our investment in Spring Roo, SpringSource Tool Suite and all of the various technologies that we make available in open source to the Spring community.

I think the responsiveness to your recently-logged ROO-1410 and ROO-1411 tickets illustrates this well. Alan Stewart (a member of the Roo team who works for VMware) responded to both of your tickets in no less than 24 hours from when you logged those tickets.

Regarding feature prioritization, we rely on voting extensively to determine what we work on. Some examples of large and popularly-voted features that have been completed in Roo 1.1 include the significant web tier improvements (like round-tripping JSPX files, workflow enhancements etc), incremental database reverse engineering, much easier add-on development, updates to newer versions of Java specs and frameworks used in Roo projects, and Google App Engine support. We're also actively working on several other popularly-voted features, such as DAO and services layer support.

The next version of Roo will also include several top-voted features. We plan, for instance, to add multi-project Maven support, and JSF 2.0.

If you have any specific concerns, please feel free to raise them here and I'll do my best to respond. The voting mechanism offered in Jira remains the best way the community can express its wish for certain features to be implemented.

Cheers
    Ben

Comment

Working...
    X