X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple customization for multiple apps

I'm new to Roo, but I'm looking to make modifications to the stylesheets that could then be applied to ALL apps generated by Roo. What's the easiest way to accomplish that task? Can the Roo artifacts be copied and modified?

Thanks.

Modify CSS and Image files

I was attempting this at one point. There is an addon jar in the bundle directory that contains the images and css files:

org.springframework.roo.addon.web.mvc.jsp-1.1.0.M3.jar.

No luck modifying the JAR as yet.

Maybe there is a better way to do this...

Comment

modify addon JAR

I tried to modify that JAR with the modified components but the stock artifacts continue to be packaged with the app when its generated.

Anyone know the trick to update these components?

Comment

Does anyone have thoughts on how to do this customization?

Thanks.

Comment

As mentioned above, the CSS style sheets are currently packaged in an addon. I think the easiest way to offer customizations like your own style sheets is to create a simple addon yourself. Your addon would simply replace the style sheet installed by the default scaffolding.

With Roo 1.1.0.M3 we offer the 'addon create' command which gets that work 95% done for you. With the next release it will be even easier (see https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1028 and https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1256) but these features still need proper documentation.

Comment

I've identified a number of static files that would be open to change: favicon.ico, banner-graphic.png, springsource-logo.png and the two CSS style sheets. I'd like to try creating a simple addon as Stefan suggested.

Comment

Good to hear that .

Comment

Working...
              X