X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo 1.1.0.M3 ManyToMany Unit Tests fail

I have created a project that has several ManyToMany relationships and the Unit tests are failing when running them all at once. If I run the tests individually most of them succeed. But when I run all of them together, they get a bunch of errors where test data is unable to be deleted because it is in use by a different test case. Do I need to manually code the Integration Tests and DataOnDemand modules, to handle this relationship? Everything else works, the site works, and the selenium:selenese succeeds. The only thing failing is the roo perform tests.

Attached is my roo script and one of the test results files, I am using MySql and I have already made sure the tables are being created in InnoDB.

If I do need to manually create the tests for these relationships, is there a good site to check out for this. I haven't been able to find much on the errors, except that having the notNull in there causes it, but I need the notNull, and I need the tests to succeed.

I haven't done any modifications to the Roo generated code, just ran the roo script, and then did a perform tests.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are a couple of the errors.

testRemove(com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.ConcernTy peIntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0.062 sec <<< ERROR!
    org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaSystemException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not delete: [com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.ConcernType#87]; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not delete: [com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.ConcernType#87]

testRemove(com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.AudienceI ntegrationTest) Time elapsed: 0.078 sec <<< ERROR!
    org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaSystemException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not delete: [com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.Audience#10]; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not delete: [com.iaim.trainingguide.domain.Audience#10]

Ok I think I found 2 issues.
    1. --sizeMax 3 or --sizeMax 4 -- it looks like a string defined with a small amount of characters causes a ConstraintViolationException while running the tests.
    2. --notNull on referenced/set fields -- it looks like --notNull causes the could not delete error, looks like having --notNull allows the tests to try and remove test data that is still being used by other test cases. i.e. it tries to delete a record that violates a foreign key constraint.

I uploaded test-works.zip that has the roo script, with all --sizeMax 3 or 4 removed or set to 255, and all --notNull removed.
    Last edited by btlife; Sep 9th, 2010, 10:25 AM. Reason: Found possible issues

Given you've been able to provide so much detail with this apparent bug, would you mind logging a ticket at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO so we can track this issue and get it resolved?

Thanks
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Alex View Post
      Given you've been able to provide so much detail with this apparent bug, would you mind logging a ticket at https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO so we can track this issue and get it resolved?

Thanks
      Ben
      For the String Size issue created ROO-1418

Comment

Thanks for logging it. We'll take care of it.

Cheers
        Ben

Comment

The String size issue in ROO-1418 has been fixed in Git ID 3f53c0ea83d1c2ed242d6a92f0eba27fab29edeb

Comment

Furthermore, I used your test.roo and all the 144 tests pass in MySQL and Hsql. Would you please verify now using the latest Roo code from Git?
            Thanks
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post
              Furthermore, I used your test.roo and all the 144 tests pass in MySQL and Hsql. Would you please verify now using the latest Roo code from Git?
              Thanks
              Alan
              Hi Alan,
              Thanks for looking at that, I tried to reproduce it as well, I couldn't so I am thinking it must have been something I had wrong on my side, but have changed since it happened. I didn't create a bug for it because I couldn't reproduce it.

Comment

Working...
              X