X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run As > Web Application

I'm long-time Eclipse-ignorant, but thought I'd use STS to explore Spring Roo.

I downloaded the latest version (Version: 2.5.0.M3) and followed the instructions here:

http://www.springsource.com/download...oad?sid=700208

But after running "gwt setup" the next instruction is: "right-click your project and select Run As > Web Application", but this menu item does not exist. Do I need to perform Eclipse magic to make this appear?

As an alternative I tried "Run As > Run on Server", but this also failed with a stack trace beginning:

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1645)

I actually tried again just using the command line and I get no errors, but when I visit the web page after running "mvn tomcat:run" I see a "Loading" box, but nothing else. I was kinda expecting more.

Should I see anything beyond a "Loading" box?

Should I stop looking at this? Is there still quite a long way to go until it's ready for prime time? Is it just the GWT work that's "early"?

Can anybody help?

Thanks
    Kerry

You need to reimport the project as a maven project

I had a similar issue. It has to do with Maven and WTP integration.
    I think STS does not install the m2eclipse WTP extra. So you may have to re-install that.

1. After you have created your project with STS Roo you need to close the project and go delete the .eclipse and .classpath.
    2. Reimport the project as a Maven project.
    3. Right click on the project and select Configure->Convert to AspectJ project.

Its seems when you create the project with Roo Eclipse the Maven WTP plugin never seems to figure out that its a web project and thus does not adjust the WTP classpath settings.

I can't decide if this is a bug with Roo STS or the Maven Eclipse plugin (m2eclipse).

Comment

Working...
    X